Admission Specialists are responsible for processing all admissions to the KidsPeace Children's Hospital from referral through completed admission.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Maintain current understanding and familiarity with requirements for the admission process with Hospital and Residential programs.
- Manage the pre-admission work on all referrals including telephone screenings.
- Assist the referral source and the parent/guardian in choosing KPCH.
- Attend to details of admissions, follow-up as necessary and required.
- Assist the Hospital Admissions Supervisor in maintaining and improving the quality of all aspects of admissions work.
- Maintain awareness of the KidsPeace continuum of services and actively promote the internal transfer and referral of children and families whenever clinically indicated by attending bi-annual training on the continuum and communicating with associates between levels of care and actively seeking opportunities to share information about the continuum with consumers as evidenced by written documentation in the client record
Qualifications (Education, Training and Experiences)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline preferred with background in psychology, social work, and /or counseling preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical needs of children and adolescents.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- CPR and First Aid certifications required. Valid Driver's License preferred but not required.
KidsPeace offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off.