Must possess U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency, as mandated by federal regulations.
Excellent organizational skills Knowledge of J-1 and F-1 Programs
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment Bilingual (Chinese/Spanish) – preferred
Preferred Minimum of two (2) year experience administering Exchange Visitor Programs or immigration expertise.
Experience in SEVIS (Student & Exchange Visitor Information System) and the immigration laws, regulations and processes, required by the Department of State and Department of Homeland Security – preferred
Experience as a Designated School Official/Alternate Responsible Officer – preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Serve as ILTexas’ J-1 Designation Responsible Officer by administering the program in compliance with the Exchange Visitor Program regulations.
a. Ensure Designation is in compliance with all local, state, federal and professional requirements applicable to the program category and to the activity for which they are designated.
b. Screen and select program participants by adhering to federal regulations and criteria, as well as ILTexas’ recruitment methodology.
c. Prepare and submit pertinent sponsorship documents required before, during and after the program for Exchange Visitors and their dependents, including but not limited to DS-2019, visa supporting letters, non-objection certification, etc.
d. Maintain accurate and complete records of all Exchange Visitors and their dependents’ medical insurance requirements.
e. Facilitate pre-arrival, arrival and departure orientations regarding program regulations, sponsor and participants’ responsibilities and other relevant information.
f. Support as needed:
a) relocation and onboarding efforts during Exchange Visitors and dependents’ arrivals,
b) cultural activities planned throughout the program’s duration,
c) program ending and departure logistics.
g. Meticulous upkeep of all recurring, required actions such as filing of Annual Report to the Department of State, Redesignation of Program and Travel Validations for Exchange Visitors.
h. Ensure that all requirements of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) are met by maintaining accurate and current records of all Exchange Visitors.
i. Keep abreast of frequently-changing state and federal regulations, and USCIS and Department of State protocols by reading and researching official resources such as: BridgeUSA Information Bulletins, Sponsor News and Notifications, Code of Federal Regulations, etc. Convey relevant information and updates to all stakeholders as needed.
j. Advise and assist program participants to facilitate the successful completion of their programs ensuring the program participants and stakeholders meet all government policies and regulations, communicate with current teachers regarding visa rules and regulations.
• Manage email address, keep master list of all international teachers interested in teaching at ILTexas, communicate with applicants, screen applications and recommend to Chinese and Spanish interview teams, gather and review documents for teachers recommended for hire, create Terms and Conditions of Employment agreement, send Form DS-2019 for visa.
• Create and manage documents such as Welcome Packets and fliers to help new J-1's understand Visa rules and regulations.
• Create newsletters and updates throughout the school year
• Submit Annual Report to DOS at the end of July. Make sure all J-1 teachers have completed their 2 cross cultural activities for the school year and must submit it using the format RO provides.
• Responsible Officer for the J1 Program. Ensure the program and teachers meet and follow all government regulations.
• Find an insurance plan for teachers. Communicate with insurance to enroll teachers and help teachers get insurance questions answered, make sure all J2 dependents have insurance prior to arrival in the US.
• Assist new J-1 teachers with questions at New Teacher Orientation.
• Field all immigration questions for ILTexas related to employment.
• Communicate with the media department regarding any updates to the F-1 student, J-1 teacher, or international department website.
• Communicate any immigration questions or issues. F1 Students
• Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) for the F-1 international student program. Ensure the program and students meet and follow all government regulations.
• Keep a list of all prospective parents and students, process international student applications, ensure documents are correct, issue acceptance letters and I-20s, Assist admissions process of new International Student applicants.
Help gather required paperwork to maintain SEVIS compliance rules, Register students in SEVIS and help student maintain F1 status
• Monitor and comply with all SEVIS deadlines, draft annual reports, meet registration requirements, and all other SEVIS compliance requirements. • Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Department of State’s Office of Private Sector Exchange.
• Prepare an I-17 in SEVIS to add potential new campuses as new campus sites and update certification. International Student Apartments Assist with Mentor Activities and Student Trips as needed Work with vendors to keep Cell Phones and Insurance up to date
Assist the Director of International Students with needs of F1 students as needed Maintain accurate student records
Any and all other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Additional Work Demands:
Willingness to travel to program sites and events.
Availability for working some evenings and weekends is required.
Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities. Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all stakeholders. Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
Be on time each day to all places of duty unless prior approval of supervisor. Professional dress to promote an exceptional image of ILTexas.