International Instructor - Wildlife Trafficking Cybercrime
- Alexandria, VA, USA
Email Me This Job
SGI Global is seeking Instructors to provide International training and support services to satisfy the overall training objectives of a government client's training missions. These training missions are in support of counter wildlife trafficking (CWT) law enforcement missions conducted by Attachés, Special Agents, Wildlife Inspectors and Adjunct Instructors in the United States, Africa, Southeast Asia, Europe, Central and South America.
The curriculum, which covers five (5) training days, provides an overview of various wildlife trafficking investigative topics which are reinforced through field exercises. The course focuses on digital evidence, cybercrime investigative techniques, online covert operation considerations, e-mail, social media and online marketplace investigations. Participants learn to extract data from computers and cell phones for analysis. The course includes computer hardware, understanding the internet, tracking IP addresses, email exploitation and tracing, metadata, cached webpages, social media, digital currency, mobile device forensics, legal issues and internet investigations.
It encourages interaction between instructors and class participants and concentrates on exchange of information and techniques by FWS in combating wildlife trafficking using investigative techniques in the United States. Participants are also given the opportunity to use field equipment that supports wildlife investigations. The course emphasizes the importance of developing and maintaining national contacts to exchange intelligence between agencies, this open dialogue throughout the course provides the opportunity for host nations to gain insights on specific wildlife trafficking problems being faced by the participating countries. Instructors offer techniques and methods available to combat specific wildlife investigative issues. This exchange of intelligence and cooperation on investigations is crucial in combating international wildlife trafficking.
Training will be held in Peru, Ecuador, Malaysia, Brazil, Uganda, Liberia, Thailand, Mozambique, Kenya and Columbia.
This position is contingent upon contract award
- Facilitate lectures, discussions, demonstrations, workshops, classroom, laboratory, and practical exercises for advanced and/or complex law enforcement courses and topics.
- Instruct lesson plan on respective program for duration needed for each mission.
- Travel internationally to instruct for respective program mission.
- Establish and maintain liaison with individuals at Training and Development Unit (TDU) involved in performing training related tasks. Attend meetings and reviews and comment on, curricula, instructional methods/techniques, instructor qualifications, utilization of training aids, adequacy of facilities/equipment, etc. These meetings are planned to be held virtually.
- Coordinate training needs assessments, analyze data, evaluate and identify specific technical training needs, and recommend appropriate changes, modifications or additional, specialized and/or safety training to TDU personnel to assure compliance with best practices, standards and policies. This curriculum assessment should be conducted by the instruction team prior to the delivery of each mission.
- Use virtual and or in person courses to satisfy the training requirements. Use the TDU approved online platform for virtual training if needed. Use the TDU approved Learning Management System for course content.
- Prior digital evidence investigations experience
- Prior digital evidence forensic analysis experience
- Prior wildlife law enforcement investigative experience
- Prior international training experience
- International travel experience
- Prior law enforcement experience
- Prior wildlife law enforcement experience
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) training experience
- LE leadership training experience
- Experience developing training for law enforcement
- Ability to manage training scheduling system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs i.e. PowerPoint, EXCEL, Word
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.