We are looking to hire a full-time EPIC Credentials Specialist
within our EPIC Credentials department. The role of an EPIC Credentials Specialist is to perform activities in support of ECFMG's international credential services, including the Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) program.ABOUT THE ROLE A DAY IN THE LIFE of EPIC Credentials Specialist
The primary responsibilities of the EPIC Credentials Specialist include:
SOME OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS!
- Evaluating and processing a large volume of medical credentials and verification responses.
- The Credential specialist will also contribute to efforts to ensure the overall quality and accuracy of EPIC processes and in the training and coaching of temporary and permanent staff.
- The Credentials Specialist will communicate with applicants, medical schools/institutions, and ECFMG partner/client organizations services regarding credential services.
WORK SCHEDULE for EPIC Credentials Specialist
- Robust Medical, Dental & Vision from top providers
- 12% Employer Contribution to your 403(b)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Generous PTO
- Flexible Work from Home opportunity
This full-time position typically works 7-hour workdays, Monday - Friday, with a flexible virtual work arrangementSALARY for EPIC Credentials Specialist (Starting at $24/hr.)
Any offered salary is determined based on competency and skills, prior relevant experience, required degrees/certifications, internal equity within the organization and market competition.ABOUT US
Intealth brings together the expertise and resources that advance quality in health care education worldwide in order to improve health care for all. Through strategic integration of its nonprofit members, Intealth offers a flexible and multi-layered portfolio of services. These services enhance and support the education and training of health care professionals, verify their qualifications required to practice, and inform the development of health workforce policies around the world.
Intealth is an integrated organization that includes the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), established in 1956, and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), established in 2000. ECFMG and FAIMER created Intealth as a new overarching identity in 2021 to mark the success of a multi-year business transformation resulting in integrated operations. Intealth unites ECFMG and FAIMER under a common vision and leverages their combined expertise and resources for maximum impact.
In recognition of the value of our employees, we strive to offer excellent benefits and an environment that emphasizes professional development and personal wellness. We were named a Top Workplaces in 2021 by the Philadelphia Business Journal.ABOUT YOU
Our ideal candidate for the EPIC Credentials Specialist has the following skills & experience:SKILLS
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- High level of analytical skills in the evaluation of medical documentation, including credentials and verifications.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Effective time management.
- High level of resourcefulness and ability to perform research, when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and produce a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply EICS/ECFMG policies and procedures as they relate to the processing of documents for primary source verification.
- Strong computer skills and adept at working within various computer programs simultaneously.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to interface and communicate with clients and co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Proficiency in foreign languages helpful.
- Provides exemplary customer service to all applicants and maintains an applicant-centered approach in all activities.
- Processes work in assigned queues (e.g., credentials, returned verifications, resends, report requests) and ensures that work is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with applicants and representatives of institutions with which ECFMG is conducting verifications in a professional and clear manner.
- Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Through an intensive review process, determines acceptability of medical education credentials and verification responses, based on ECFMG policies and procedures. This process includes:
- The prima facie review of credentials using ECFMG's Medical Education Reference Library to determine if the medical credential submitted meets ECFMG requirements (e.g. degree title eligibility, medical school eligibility)
- Verification of medical education credentials directly with the appropriate institutions.
- Acceptability and authenticity of verification requests returned to ECFMG.
- This process requires research and evaluation against documents in ECFMG's Medical Education Reference Library. Maintaining a working knowledge of policies and appropriate application of these policies;
- Conducting comprehensive review of identify documents when required
- Determines acceptability of English translations submitted through EPIC to ensure that they meet ECFMG's translation requirements.
- Prepares and sends credentials to medical school/institution officials for verification. Ensures that all required information is included in the verification request; this may include research to identify appropriate officials and/or delivery address.
- Processes follow-up verification requests with schools/institutions that have not responded to previous requests for verification of applicant documents.
- Communicates with schools/institutions regarding incomplete or unacceptable verifications.
- Assists in quality assurance processes.
- Assists in training and coaching of temporary and permanent staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Two years of credentialing experience required.
- Two years professional experience in the processing of large volumes of educational credentials or similar documents, preferably in college/university or other educational/research institution.
- Familiarity with foreign languages is helpful.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
While our unwavering commitment to promoting quality healthcare worldwide is one of our top priorities, we have a similar commitment to fostering an environment that recognizes people matter as much as the business. You can contribute to meaningful and inspiring work in an inclusive organization that prioritizes your diversity, professional and leadership development, and overall personal wellness. If these organizational priorities resonate with you, then it's time for you to join us! If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you! Job Posted by ApplicantPro