The Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the enhancement and implementation of recruitment strategies to achieve institutional enrollment goals, while directly supervising a staff of recruitment professionals. The Director will provide leadership, and guidance while implementing strategies that attract, recruit, and enroll a highly qualified and talented undergraduate student body. The position must be collaborative and aware of campus-wide initiatives and how these initiatives will affect the role of various duties under their purview. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the area of traditional undergraduate admissions. Supervises and coordinates recruitment efforts for undergraduate first-year, transfer and international student recruitment. Responsible for distributing work, reviewing completed work and making recommendations for hiring, disciplinary actions and performance appraisals. Ensures high quality work for the institution across all admission staff members.
- Executes and advises upon strategies for all undergraduate student recruitment activities and participates as needed, including (but not limited to) admission decisions, high school visits and college fairs, on and off-campus events, the campus visit experience, student ambassador and phoning teams, statistical reporting and surveys, professional development, technology and processing areas and more.
- Supports the institutional goal to grow by outreach by designing and implementing recruitment activities and events. Strategizes the best means of outreach to prospective students. In collaboration with Operations and Technology, assists with coordinating the flow of mailings, emails, phone calls, text messages and all conversations with relevant audiences, including parents and high school counselors. Looks for ways to differentiate Capital and communicate value to primary, secondary and tertiary markets. Analyzes data and makes recommendations for new and expanding market presence such as international efforts and domestic student search lead purchases.
- Implements Capital's strategies for merit and need-based scholarship and grant modeling on an annual basis. Works with university leadership to determine priorities and set goals for each academic term and leverage financial aid dollars to meet the needs of the institution in terms of both enrollment and revenue. Serves as the liaison to external vendor(s) assisting with financial aid optimization and provides written and verbal updates to all campus constituencies on a regular basis. Carefully monitors progress and effectiveness of strategies to ensure the fiscal health of the university.
- Manages execution of the undergraduate admission office budget. Makes purposeful decisions on the best ways to spend operational dollars and advocates for future budgetary needs and strategies.
- Conducts public speaking engagements as needed and represents the university articulately and effectively at all times. Makes sure to communicate value propositions such as leveraging our undergraduate scholarship, research, and internship opportunities. Uses internal and external data such as NSSE and IPEDS to talk about Capital intelligently within the marketplace.
- Participates in life of the university - attends activities and student events. During committee involvement, represents Capital in a professional manner while looking for promotional opportunities for the university. Communicates trends and concerns related to undergraduate admissions, financial aid and enrollment to the campus community. Helps to inform program development such as advising on redesign or accelerated pathways which would be attractive to prospective student markets. Gathers information for the division to ensure informed decision making.
- Directly supervises undergraduate Admission employees. Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with university's policies and applicable laws.
Capital University requires all employees in all positions to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the first day of employment. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of having the full COVID-19 vaccination OR file and be granted approval for a valid religious or medical exemption. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Capital University's HR Department after you receive an offer of employment. Capital University does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of an offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Education and/or Experience Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Publisher; and prior experience in Excel, PowerPoint. Preference for Colleague and Slate ability, although not required.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- A strong working knowledge of the latest financial aid optimization, web development, publications, e-communications, branding and market research techniques and practices; significant experience in management and supervision; and familiarity and comfort in a highly collaborative work environment.
- A strong and proactive team leader with a proven track record of success preferably in private university marketing, recruiting, and enrollment management; Innovative with cutting edge ideas in enrollment practices and trends Action-oriented with a willingness to take calculated risks; Success in building relationships and effectively communicating across a variety of internal and external constituencies; Goal-oriented; Student-centered; Strategic thinker and planner; Proficient in market research; Familiar with the major metropolitan markets in the Midwest (with an emphasis on Ohio), as well as a demographic knowledge of likely markets including international markets. An effective and inspiring manager, mentor and team builder with the ability to communicate and execute expectations and accountability; Up-to-date in social media trends; Welcomes a challenge and unique opportunities for success.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply. For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and free parking.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro