Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, Publishing Services, and Editor-in-Chief, International Educator, the Editor, Publishing Services handles the development, review, and release of assigned print and electronic publishing projects and has significant copy editing and proofreading responsibilities. The Editor contributes to the editorial and production aspects of International Educator magazine, NAFSA.news e-newsletter, and the NAFSA blog. This role will collaborate with volunteer member-editors and NAFSA staff to edit and produce publications and content, while providing editorial and writing support to NAFSA departments. The Editor will support the Director in the management of certain business operations for the publishing services department, including customer service and the annual conference bookstore.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
Provide project management and editorial support for books, eBooks, digital downloads, booklets, posters, and other print and electronic resources (35%)
- Serves as editorial lead and project manager for projects as assigned, including content development, stakeholder management, and production.
- Develops publication schedules, editorial calendars, and cost estimates for freelancers and vendors to ensure projects stay on deadline and on budget.
- Works with the Associate Director, Publishing Services, to draft editorial agreements for projects for all volunteer or paid contributors and/or editors and maintains accurate files on these project agreements.
- Manages the NAFSA Style Guide and updates it on a regular basis to comply with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Assists the department in creating and updating NAFSA Publication Guidelines for author and/or editor use
Provide editorial and production support for the NAFSA.news e-newsletters, International Educator, and various projects across NAFSA including conference materials (35%)
- Reviews, edits, and contributes as needed to the weekly NAFSA.news electronic newsletter; serves as production backup.
- Assist with copy editing, image research, website production, and other duties as assigned for International Educator magazine and the NAFSA blog.
- Provides editing, copyediting, and proofreading for projects across the organization.
- Serves as editorial project manager for publication projects and messaging from various NAFSA departments, providing substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading.
Support business practices for production and marketing of publications, working closely with the Director, and serve as main customer support contact for Publications team (15%)
- Manages the Publications inbox, responds to customer service emails and calls, and works with other NAFSA colleagues to troubleshoot customer inquiries.
- Keeps product pages accurate and updated in the NAFSA Shop on the NAFSA website and iMIS.
- Supports the book fulfillment operations.
- Works with outside vendor on the review and release of all eBook products. Provides quality checks for functionality and compatibility.
- Researches vendors and programs for the digital license subscription project.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Knowledge Development colleagues to coordinate the release of these products with innovation.
Assist the Publications team at the NAFSA Bookstore during the annual conference (10%)
- Coordinates with outside publishers to purchase and receive material for the bookstore. Manages author signing events.
- Manage inventory before, during, and after the conference, including shipments and deliveries. Helps implement point of sale system and manage inventory in system.
- Provides staff support during the planning, implementation, and follow-up processes. Provides customer service to conference attendees and offers guidance in the selection of appropriate publication resources.
Perform other duties as assigned to support fulfillment of NAFSA’s strategic objectives and goals (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or other relevant field; or commensurate experience
- At least three years of project management responsibility in a publications/communications department or similar environment
- Strong editorial skills (writing, editing, proofreading), as well as an eye for graphic design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, or other desktop publishing systems
- Ability to track multiple, competing projects
- A firm grasp of style rules, preferably the Chicago Manual of Style, in addition to experience using an in-house style guide
- Commitment and enthusiasm for NAFSA’s mission
- Previous experience working with membership associations, nonprofit organizations, or nonprofit volunteer leaders
- Work experience in higher education
- Exposure to or experience in international education or related field
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel and weekend work is required occasionally. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities in the U.S.
Total compensation for employment at NAFSA entails a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Competitively priced medical and dental insurance plans with CareFirst and MetLife
- 403(b) retirement plan with eligibility for 5% employer contribution
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account plans
- Fully paid group life and disability insurance coverage
- Generous paid vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave plans
- Thirteen paid holidays
- Pre-tax parking and transportation plans
- Free onsite fitness center and secure bicycle parking
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.