Director of International & Graduate Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
Seattle University School of Law is looking for a Director of International and Graduate Programs to join our community.
This position provides administrative leadership for the law school’s international graduate degree programs. The Director reports to the Associate Dean for International & Graduate Studies in the School of Law.
Seattle University School of Law educates ethical lawyers who distinguish themselves through their outstanding professional skills and their dedication to law in the service of justice. Faculty, students, and staff form a vibrant, diverse, and collaborative community that promotes leadership for a just and humane world. The Law School’s commitment to academic distinction is grounded in its Jesuit Catholic tradition, one that encourages open inquiry, thoughtful reflection, and concern for personal growth. Innovation and technological sophistication characterize our rigorous educational program, which prepares lawyers for a wide range of successful and rewarding careers in law, business, and public service.
In collaboration with the Associate Dean, the Director manages the international graduate programs in the School of Law. The School of Law currently offers LL.M. and SJD degree programs.
• In collaboration with Marketing and Communications staff, develop, implement, and evaluate the strategic plan for marketing law school LL.M. and SJD degree programs.
• Attend graduate marketing events to meet with prospective students to market and promote our graduate programs. Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students for the LL.M. and SJD programs. Travel internationally and domestically to market and promote the School of Law, its academic programs, and international institutional relationships.
• Administer and coordinate student recruitment, admission, registration, and financial aid processes for graduate students. In consultation with the Associate Dean, review and evaluate applications and make admission decisions for the LL.M and SJD graduate programs.
• Provide in-depth analysis of enrollment data to determine areas of potential recruitment and admissions growth and outreach opportunities. Track and analyze generated leads through admissions pipeline to report return on investment of recruitment efforts.
• Design and implement the orientation and on-boarding programs for international graduate degree students.
• Coordinate and conduct student academic and non-academic advising for L.LM. and SJD graduate students.
• Review, evaluate and update policies and procedures related to the administration of the LL.M. and SJD degree programs.
• Compile, track and report data related to the international graduate program operations and student progress.
• In partnership with the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, review and evaluate the financial success of the degree programs and their financial impact on the School of Law operating budget.
• Work with the Vice Dean and Associate Dean and faculty to develop curricular offerings and course scheduling for the degree programs.
• Coordinate with admitted students to obtain relevant documents for issuing I-20s and other immigration documents for travel.
• Counsel students on bar exam requirements, course planning, and career-planning, including coordinating with externship director and registrar.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited institution (or equivalent) plus two or more years of academic program development experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, such as those listed above.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, along with the ability to work professionally with members of the external legal community, including international partners. Must be comfortable with public presentations in a large group setting, as well as in one-on-one student consultations.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Canvas, and the willingness to learn and adapt to new software systems.
• Self-motivated, has the ability to manage multiple programs, and prioritize and provide clear, concise and positive communications with colleagues.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a diverse team setting.
• Ability to travel to market and recruit for the degree programs domestically and internationally.
• Current state bar membership is preferred.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Compensation at a Glance:
Salary Range: $82,000 to $88,000 DOE
Seattle University has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, and not based on a candidate’s gender or any other protected status.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Seattle University provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your total compensation package.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage. Plan for your future with up to a 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits, comprised of a 5% nonelective employer contribution and an additional dollar-for-dollar match of your voluntary contributions up to a maximum of 5%. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with free access to an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/3579082