Job Title: Director, Recruitment and Admissions
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 250010
About Us Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Job Summary This is a full-time, exempt position, which reports to the Assistant Vice President of Student Success. The Director of Recruitment and Admissions provides strong leadership, guidance and coordinates the overall student recruitment and admission efforts. The position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining best practices in advancing the college's enrollment goals.
Responsibilities *Primary - 50*
* Responsible for recruiting, admitting, and enrolling students at Atlanta Metropolitan State College to achieve enrollment targets
* Plan, organize, and direct student recruitment and admissions activities (i.e. Trailblazer Day, Open House, AMSC Enrollment Pop-up Drives, etc.)
* Develop and execute a robust recruitment plan aligned with the institutional strategic plan
*Partnership - 35*
* Serve as a key member of the Strategic Enrollment Management Team (SEM) with efforts to collaborate and advance the college's enrollment priorities and goals
* The ability to plan and implement marketing/technology-driven recruitment and intentional outreach campaigns
* Interact closely with the academic leadership, student support services staff, as well as facilitate the mobilization of campus-wide enrollment engagement
* Participate in admission policy-making and shared governance committees. Also, maintain compliance of procedures and policies with federal, state, university system and institutional regulations.
*Reporting - 15*
* Regularly provide enrollment projections and reports
* Maintain the college's recruitment and admissions operations procedures manual and respond to audits requests in a timely manner
Required Qualifications *Educational Requirements*
* Master's degree
*Other Required Qualifications*
* A proven track record of success in the development and execution of recruitment plans
* The experience to use technology for driving enrollment management
* Experience in computer proficiency especially in the Banner student information system;
* Proficiency in report writing, query and extract tools such as Crystal, Excel, etc.
* Minimum of three (3) years experience in Higher Education
* Supervisory experience
* Budget Management
Preferred Qualifications *Preferred Experience*
* College recruitment and admissions or a closely related enrollment management profession
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities *ABILITIES*
* Demonstrated aptitude for working on multiple projects
* Demonstrate commitment to equity and ability to work with diverse student populations
* Demonstrate ability to lead and work collegially with others in a team environment
* Extensive knowledge of admissions processes, recruitment techniques, and enrollment management
* Supervisory and leadership skills
* Effective research, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrate high level organizational skills and capacity for attention to details
* Quality customer service skills
Conditions of Employment Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation, including a criminal background check; demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Atlanta Metropolitan State College, as determined by Atlanta Metropolitan State College in its sole discretion; confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials; and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036
Other Information This is a supervisory position.
* Standard + Education