Director of Marketing and Recruitment (Hybrid) INTO George Mason University
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 20 universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Suffolk University and Hofstra University.
This position will lead the strategic planning for and execution of international recruitment and marketing plan to drive international student enrollment to the INTO Mason programs and Mason degree-seeking programs. This role will work to develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan targeted at building brand recognition in key markets across the world, thereby driving demand from students seeking educational experiences in the U.S.
The key metrics of success for this role will be measured by meeting the international enrollment targets developed through the INTO Mason strategic plan and the INTO Mason partnership. This position will utilize an extensive network of on- and off-campus resources including alumni, government organizations, institutional partners, key faculty contacts, INTO’s global recruitment network as well as INTO’s regional offices to assist in this effort. This position will work closely with the University’s Office of International Admissions; the INTO Mason Executive Director; and the INTO North America VP of Recruitment/Director of Recruitment and VP of Marketing to develop the strategy and to drive recruitment of international students.
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization, so the responsibilities of the position may change over time but will include the following:
International Student Recruitment
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment plan which includes participation in global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events, etc. to build the Mason brand globally and drive a diverse international students population across all programs. This will be virtual and in person.
- Establish country by country strategies in coordination with INTO regional offices to reach recruitment goals in particular countries and regions.
- Travel globally as and when required to promote Mason and its programs and attend out of normal business hours virtual recruitment events held in international time zones.
- Act as primary contact point and resource of in-depth knowledge for INTO’s regional office regarding all facets of Mason programs. Manage and oversee communications with INTO’s regional offices.
Strategic Recruitment Initiatives
- Liaise with Mason and INTO on, offering global analytics, support and advice on effective recruitment and scholarship strategies.
- Work with INTO and Mason to manage scholarships budgets and allocations.
- Use analytical methods to identify recruitment opportunities and frequently update appropriate staff with regards to progress towards goals and enrollment numbers.
- Manage the INTO Mason annual recruitment budget and provide regular reports showing progress against recruitment goals.
- Manage and conduct conversion campaigns to include communicating directly with prospective students, parents, agents, and regional offices, offering timely and in-depth advice, as well continuing to contribute to developing innovative conversion initiatives.
- Lead on development and management of conversion tools and platforms such as peer to peer recruitment, webinars, calendar bookings, etc.
- Manage and oversee student workers and interns who are supporting Mason recruitment and marketing activities.
- Build and champion relationships across the Mason campus by frequently engaging with faculty, admissions, and international offices in order to collaborate on recruitment strategy and opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, loyal relationships with US focused recruitment channels including education counselors, government organizations and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions, articulation partners etc.
- Direct line management responsibility of a Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS) and Assistant Recruitment Manager (ARM)
- Agree to an INTO Mason recruitment, conversion, and marketing strategy in conjunction with the INTO Mason Executive Director and INTO North America leadership
- Oversee the MCS and ARM tasks and responsibilities and ensure accuracy and timely completion of the role’s deliverables
- Guide and support the role to develop further recruitment, conversion, and marketing initiatives in line with the overall strategic plan for INTO Mason and INTO North America
- Arrange regular one to ones to monitor progress and complete annual performance reviews and objective setting
- Work with the Director of International Admission from GMU to guide the work of the George Mason University in-country representatives based at various University Access Centers (UAC) by providing guidance, feedback, and support.
- Provide ongoing training, support and detailed program knowledge to external marketing and recruitment partners. Support global partners at promotional events in order to accurately represent Mason program offerings.
- Provide ongoing training, updates and support to INTO regional office staff and global recruitment networks.
- Work closely with Mason’s International admissions to ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants and INTO regional offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business international relations, or related area
- 3 years’ experience recruiting international students to attend academic and/or other programs in a US setting
- Experience developing and implementing a high-level recruitment and marketing plan
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams or individuals
- Demonstrated administrative experience including budget and financial management processes, public relations, strategic planning, policy formation, and supervision
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience living, working or studying outside of the U.S.
- Experience with SalesForce or equivalent CRM/database system
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and equity, with particular emphasis on gender and multicultural issues
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
The Director of Marketing and Recruitment reports directly to the Executive Director at INTO Mason with an operational reporting line to the INTO North America Director Recruitment Strategy, Partner Initiatives.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. INTO takes care of their employees and ensures they are well and thrive with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Benefits
- Company-paid Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Company-paid Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Commuter FSA: Transit & Parking
- Paid Leave of Absence - Maternity, Partner, Adoption, Fertility Treatment, Bereavement, Compassionate, and other Personal Leaves
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – starting at 22 days per year; increases to 27 days annually after 2 years of employment
- Holidays – 11+ paid annually
- 2 paid Volunteer days annually
- 401(k) retirement plan – up to 6% company match; immediate vesting, after 6 month waiting period
- Educational Assistance
- Company-paid Health & Wellness Apps
- Rewards & Recognition programs
- Remote & Flexible Working options
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid professional development courses
- Spirit Fridays (wear your Green and Gold)
- On-site dining
- INTO Mason sponsored events/ Campus perks
This is a hybrid position is based at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA), with the opportunity to work remote two days per week. The campus is accessible from many points in the greater Washington DC area.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.