Assists students with admission applications and related documents. Maintains academic records, evaluates transcripts, advises potential students on undergraduate and graduate admissions requirements and options, and administers applicable student policies.
This position description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required or assigned to this position. JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and advise students and families regarding admissions through telephone calls, mail, electronic mail and provide customer service to walk in.
- Reviews, verifies and processes applications and supporting documents in accordance with the Admissions Policy.
- Prepares admission letters per admission policy.
- Coordinates with Recruiter on new admissions.
- Coordinates with the Dean of Instruction (and/or designee) on Dual Credit admission and information.
- Reviews and/or compiles and updates student credentials needed for admissions status; enters and monitors required data into integrated student database. Monitors progress of applicants. Communicates with students through various methods to update and inform of admissions status.
- Establish and maintain manual and computerized student file and application process.
- Collaborates with and informs advisors of updated lists of students that have been admitted.
- Maintains database of admissions, runs queries and provides reports to supervisor.
- Performs various administrative duties to support admissions (prepares and distributes forms, information packets, updates and maintains tracking database and lists, etc.).
- Compiles, evaluates, and retains student records; provides policy interpretation and advisement as appropriate, in accordance with university policy, accreditation standards, and privacy laws per FERPA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act applies to all hiring, promotions or transfers of individuals into this position. KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- One year administrative, customer service or secretarial experience.
- High education experience preferred.
- Member of the American Association of Certified Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) preferred.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Must be able to pass background check, with NO prior convictions of any felonies.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures pertaining to undergraduate admissions.
- Knowledge of higher education recruitment practices and principles.
- Knowledge of academic requirements and admission policies.
- Knowledge of functionality of higher education student information systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques of customer service.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Database and records management skills.
- Must have excellent Customer Service skills.
- Skill in performing, organizing, and prioritizing work activities.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the Navajo and English language.
- Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for prolonged periods, walk and stand.
- Use hands for dexterity of motion, repetitive movement of both hands.
- Have normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in office setting with normal noise levels.
- Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.