Assistant Director of International Admission
The Assistant Director of International Admission is responsible for the recruitment, counseling, and support of qualified prospective international students. This position offers a flexible work arrangement and the opportunity to work remote part of the week.
• Responsible for meeting assigned enrollment targets for assigned region.
• Represent the University both on and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college admission process.
• Recruit students by building relationships, assisting in social media presence, developing alumni networks, evaluating/ interviewing prospective students and actively participating in campaigns to induce students to attend the university.
• Plan travel for school visits, college fairs, classroom presentation, off-campus interviews and receptions.
• Manage ongoing communication with prospective students and their families, while working in conjunction with other departments.
• Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process, affordability and opportunities at the university via appointments, phone calls, and emails.
• Review application files.
• Maintain recruiting operations by following policies and procedures and writing insightful follow-up reports on all travel.
• Analyze information and trends from international markets to continuously develop a successful marketing strategy.
• Become well-versed in healthcare trends in the US and globally
• Develop a high level understanding of different healthcare positions and the educational requirements necessary to attain them.
• Provide continuous customer service to all students at every stage of their application.
• Extensive travel, international as well as national travel required
• Responsible for implementing the yield strategy of the university for international students including a pro-active management of student conversion and yield from applied through the various stages up to matriculated, by way of constant surveillance and analysis of reports and numbers.
• Welcome students during on-campus events.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
• Hybrid position that will require being within a commuting distance to the Boston campus.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years of experience recruiting within a higher education institution.
• Proficiency with virtual meeting software platforms, Office 360 (Outlook, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Notebook)
• Experience with Salesforce or a similar Client Relations Management System.
• Must be goal or results-oriented
• Excellent coordination, project management and time management competency
• Logical and detail-oriented organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be available to travel between 10% and 30% of the time.
• Public speaking skills and the ability to present the university in a positive way to diverse populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to multitask and effectively function in a fast-paced and team environment.
• Comfortable working under pressure of time and numbers/targets.
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
• Experience in business development with international markets
• Proficiency in a foreign language
• Experience in recruiting international students international student enrolment and admissions, with success in meeting application/enrollment targets
• Standing, sitting, manual dexterity, ability to move between offices and buildings
• Must have the ability to lift up to 20 lbs
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
• Must be able to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
• Must be able to be physically in attendance at designated worksite during scheduled work hours and to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to travel 10% of the year locally and nationally.
• Normal range of vision and hearing (with or without correction)
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated, boosted and tested on a regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law