The Open Society University Network (OSUN) seeks an Online Course Manager to develop, implement and track the key processes for optimizing this network of online course offerings throughout the academic year. The OOC Manager reports to the Dean of International Studies at Bard College and will work as part of a larger team.
OSUN Online Courses are offered by a single institution to students across the OSUN network. They take place entirely online, in a synchronous format, and include students from multiple OSUN partners. OSUN Courses align with and amplify OSUN themes and certificate programs and offer an accessible first step toward further engagement with OSUN student opportunities and exchange.
- Developing the call for course proposals from faculty across OSUN, aligning the call with current OSUN priorities, and coordinating with OSUN Communications on dissemination of the call for proposals.
- Compilation and formatting of materials for all proposed courses, working with the OSUN Course team and VP for Academic Affairs for OSUN to confirm and curate the list of courses for further review and selection.
- Directing and assisting with the building of the course enrollment structure in Terra Dotta, coordinating student enrollment efforts, creating and executing enrollment reports, and managing retention efforts.
- Scheduling, marketing, and presenting faculty and student information and orientation sessions, advertising tutor support, syncing calendars to accommodate holidays and DST, liaising with librarians and academic technologists to ensure courses and materials are accessible to all users.
- Drafting faculty appointment letters, supervising guest speakers and course intern contracts and payments, oversight and execution of activity agreements and sub-awards to partner institutions.
- Aligning learning outcomes with course evaluation mechanisms for students and faculty, ensuring evaluations are disseminated and completed, analyzing evaluation data to improve the course experience.
- Write interim and final narrative reports together with financial reconciliations and budget reporting
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in higher education, grants management, or project direction
- Database management, familiarity with Terra Dotta is highly desirable
- Superior computer skills across MS Office and Google Suites
- Excellent written, verbal, and intercultural communication skills and attention to detail
- A creative, flexible approach to problem solving; comfort with shifting priorities; and the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
The Open Society University Network (OSUN) is a global network of educational institutions, anchored at Bard College and Central European University, that integrates learning and the advancement of knowledge across geographic and demographic boundaries, promotes civic engagement on behalf of open societies, and expands access to higher education for underserved communities.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references (including email address and phone number) to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/116606