Global Programs Coordinator
- Organization Type
- College / University
The Global Programs Coordinator administers all parts of short-term study abroad programs (faculty-led study abroad courses, JumpstartTU, and other global programs) including marketing, recruiting, advising students, managing applications for programs, flight bookings, and in-country logistics. This position requires knowledge of study abroad programming and a general understanding of study abroad program development. This position also requires considerable administrative planning to develop creative solutions which integrate approaches across organizational lines. This position supports Education Abroad advising for all TU programs.
- Manage logistics of 10-12 faculty-led study abroad courses per year plus JumpstartTU.
- In coordination with Director, consult with faculty in developing the courses.
- Assist the Director in administering risk management and other training for faculty leading programs abroad.
- Oversee faculty preparing budgets, and itineraries, and minimizing health and safety risks to program participants.
- Plan, organize, and conduct general information sessions, focus meetings, orientation, pre-departure, and reentry programs, and coordinate marketing and outreach activities.
- Develop marketing plans and branding initiatives to promote programs and recruit participants including display advertisements, fliers, brochures, website postings, and social media.
- Oversee student course enrollment and CGE registration procedures and student billing.
- Develop and analyze information resources and training programs that will instruct participants and their families on health and safety issues in their destination country/countries so they can make informed decisions concerning preparation, participation, and behavior while on the program.
- Review and evaluate the financial management of all abroad programs and collaborate with the Business office in strategic planning; oversee program budget.
- Request bids from providers to determine the services to be provided and the related costs for instruction, airfare, accommodations, and excursions that enhance the educational experience.
- Manage administrative and risk management issues; communicate policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication and working relationships with administrative units on campus including Student Life, Advising, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, and Business Office.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all programs. Analyze and assess success and use results to revise and enhance program planning.
- Assist the Education Abroad Advising team with general study abroad advising.
- Assist with the logistics of virtual exchanges and COIL programs.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study. Excellent organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and balance priorities. Excellent communication skills. Experience managing complex programs and resources. Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure are required.
Master’s degree in a relevant field of study. Experience working in a higher education setting. Demonstrated commitment to and interest in international education. Experience in working with diverse students, faculty, and/or study abroad programs. Substantive international experience, including study and/or living and working abroad. Knowledge of issues related to international study including comparative systems of international education, international credit transfer, international travel, pre-departure orientation, reentry programming, financial aid, risk management, emergency protocols, and cultural factors influencing student attitudes and behaviors. Knowledge of second languages.