The University of Tulsa (TU) is seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about international education to develop and implement recruitment strategies and support admission operations that will greatly enhance overall international students’ enrollment at TU. This position will manage activities related to recruiting prospective international students and international admission operation, including international recruitment efforts, marketing and communication, event planning, and retention programs of international students. This position will serve as the primary contact for prospective international students.
- Responsible for implementing the international recruitment strategies
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective international students and assist students in completing the application process.
- Reviews and processes prospective student inquiries and applications, responds to general requests for information about the application process and admission requirements.
- Reviews and processes international academic credentials
- Provides information and guidance on immigration visa requirements, housing, health insurance, and academics.
- Manages recruiting visits to targeted international students markets and primary sponsors to disseminate current TU information and meet with prospective students, sponsors, parents, school counselors, local recruiting agencies, and EducationUSA local representatives.
- Manages communications to prospective international students, sponsors and recruitment agencies
- Flexibility in work assignments and international, in-state and out-of-state travel
- Overnight stays may be required depending on time of year
- Serves as Designated School Official (DSO) /Responsible Officer (RO)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a post-secondary institution in recruitment or admissions
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with prospective students, recruitment agencies, sponsoring embassies and government entities.
- Requires strong interpersonal relationship-building skills, a passion for international education
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to people of all age groups, academic abilities, and diverse cultures
- Work authorization
- Master’s degree
- Five years of work experience in related setting
- Knowledge of CRM (Slate) and SEVIS
- Knowledge of international credential evaluation
- International Student Services office experience
- Knowledge of a second language
Physical Demands: Travel required
Special Instructions to Applicants: This is an on-campus position and does not allow a remote or hybrid schedule