Student Affairs Administrator
- Requisition no: 530025
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: School of Social Work
- Grade: Grade 9A
- Categories: Stdnt Affairs/Educational Admn, Administrative Support
The Columbia School of Social Work (CSSW) is looking for a team player and self-starter to join the Enrollment and Student Services team as the Student Affairs Administrator (SAA). Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, the SAA serves as an integral part of administering and managing various functions in the Office of Enrollment and Student Services. More specifically, acting as the office's main point of contact for students, faculty and staff on enrollment matters. The incumbent will provide guidance and direction on all enrollment and student affairs operations and processes to students, faculty and administration. The incumbent implements policies and procedures to reach operational goals; exercise good judgment, decorum and discretion in communications with all levels of the University, including faculty, administration, students and external constituents as appropriate.
- Oversees and manages all Student Services inquiries; responds advises, and troubleshoots a heavy volume of registration and student affairs concerns from current students and other constituencies. Disseminates information and notices to students via email, the Student Services internal blog, and the School's website. Responds to all student-related inquiries, degree progress, and registration concerns, often involving creativity and good judgment. Manages an extremely busy student support function. Reviews and appropriately handles correspondence and inquiries, often of a complex nature, and uses independent judgment and initiative in preparing replies to such inquiries. Identify and develop systems to facilitate operational aspects of the Office of Student Services [30%].
- Monitors student registration to assure compliance with CU policies. Assist students in resolving registration problems. Advises students regarding registration policies and procedures and executes student academic record maintenance, including but not limited to course updates/requirements, schedule changes, dropping courses, adding courses, program status, and record re-evaluation. Manage cross-registration and the non-degree registration process. Manage administrative and technical functions that track and monitor student enrollment and academic progress. [25%]
- Works collaboratively with the Manager for Enrollment and Student Services to coordinate and facilitate effective implementation of all students' course-related Disability Services accommodations, including but not limited to note-taking services, assistive technology, and exam administration support. [20%]
- Works collaboratively with Program and Events Manager to provide support around student affairs program planning and execution. Assist in budget tracking and reporting. Manage payments for all event expenses, including but not limited to processing invoices, creating purchase orders, managing contract processes, and working closely with the Finance and Planning Office to ensure vendor payments are processed in a timely manner. [10%]
- Monitors CSSW website and blog site so that it remains current with events, calendar and news. Reviews and revises all web and printed copy-related information related to Student Services. Coordinates and updates modifications with the Office of Communications, including uploading web content. [10%]
- Utilizes EMS to perform course uploads, classroom updates, department room bookings, and caucus room booking approvals. [5%]
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college education is preferred. The candidate must have at least two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicant must maintain familiarity with FERPA.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred; Experience with project management or program development strongly preferred; familiarity with online course formats; familiarity with SIS, Slate other CRM. Experience in web design and editing is strongly preferred.
- Tact, discretion, and the ability to maintain complete confidentiality are essential.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and triage varying degrees of student issues or concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication and analytic skills required.
- Demonstrated accuracy in handling detailed work and excellent follow-through required.
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure on concurrent projects with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, be innovative, and understand the importance of CSSW and University governance and policy is required.
- Ability to develop relationships with the broader Columbia community is essential.
- Computer experience (word processing, database management, report servers, spreadsheets, social networking) required. The ability to modify and create complex spreadsheets is required.
- Candidate will assist Director in reporting and assessment projects.
- Duties will sometimes require evening and weekend work to attend events.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Oct 04 2022 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share