How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The College of Pharmacy is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruiting. You will work collaboratively with the deans, staff, and faculty to strategically identify, develop, implement, and manage college priorities regarding outreach and recruitment; admissions; advising; assessment of student learning; and quality improvement for the professional and undergraduate degree programs of the College of Pharmacy.
Admissions activities 35%: oversee and manage the applicant review processes for PharmD, BS, and MS programs, including the interview process for the professional degree program. Ensure effective communication with candidates regarding the program, application process and status of applications. Work with the College's Graduate Affairs Program Manager and academic departments to track graduate admissions (managed by each academic department).
Outreach and recruitment activities 25%: work with faculty and staff to identify and implement successful recruitment strategies for the undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Implement and support summer pipeline programs that promote the programs of the college. Includes advising potential applicants and outreach/travel to potential programs including career fairs and other universities. Represent the college internally and externally via written materials and oral presentations; serve as a representative on College and University committees, as well as professional organizations.
Advising/counseling 15%: participate in academic advising and counseling to pre-pharmacy and doctoral students as well as students enrolled in the program.
Quality assurance 15%: Identify quality assurance measures for recruitment, admissions and student services activities. Support new programs and procedures to refine the effectiveness and efficiency of student services and academic affairs. Ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic priorities are integrated into the recruiting and admissions activities and outcomes for the college.
Supervisory activities 10%: supervise, direct, and assess staff activities relating to admissions and recruiting functions; facilitate staff development.
- Advanced degree (master's degree minimum) + more than 3 years of experience in admissions or student services (or equivalent combination of educ. & experience)
- Advantageous to have experience in education and/or health care
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to details, excellent organizational skills, ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize, and ability to manage time and data are crucial skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Management experience in complex environments.
- Ability to work in and lead a team.
- Experience working with standard computer software, such as email programs, social media, MS Word, MS Excel, databases.
- Familiarity with UM student administration software and systems preferred.
- Familiarity with UM policies and procedures preferred.
Travel, including some overnight travel, is expected with this position.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible