Shriners International is a fraternity based on fun, fellowship and the Masonic principles of brotherly love, relief and truth. The possibilities for having fun as a Shriner are endless. Our local Shrine Centers (chapters) around the world have thousands of activity-based clubs, units and events that provide ways for members to connect with each other in a fun environment. A unique aspect of our local chapters is that creativity is encouraged, and if a club for a particular activity doesn't exist, members are empowered to create one.
Shriners International is looking for a talented individual to join us as our Senior Membership Education Manager.
The Senior Education Manager, Membership is the business owner responsible for creating the strategy and implementing the systems/processes for all aspects of training, education, and leadership development for Shriners International's (SI) 200 chapters, 9,000 components, and nearly 200,000 members. Responsible for directing the education programming, including curriculum design and delivery, for Shriners International Education Foundation (SIEF), the Noble Academy, and Shriners International (SI) including in-person conferences, virtual events, hybrid events, and supporting education materials for distribution throughout the year.. As requested, this position will collaborate with project sponsors from adjacent departments and lead multi-disciplinary teams to deploy education assets in support of achieving their annual goals.
- Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit to identify, deploy, and maintain an enterprise-wide education learning management system to efficiently manage and advance education resources to specific outcomes. This includes identifying education technologies, programs (learning management system), and processes for deployment in the membership department with a staged rollout across the organization. - 25%
- Lead the development and expansion of SIEF including developing the strategy and managing the daily activities of the education portfolio to specific member-driven outcomes. Design and execute a long-range educational plan and programming and ensure consistency with SI's strategic priorities. - 20%
- Research and evaluate the curricula, learning procedures, modes of distribution, and educational materials in support of SIEF's and SI's online education programming program that is relevant to the advancement of chapters, components, and their members. - 20%
- Lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders to identify the integration of education resources to improve SI's overall program portfolio and services. - 15%
- Create, develop, implement and evaluate educational offerings within SIEF's and SI's independent conferences including the MarCom/Membership conference, OG/AR school, and relevant events at Imperial Session. - 10%
- Identify, recruit and contract with educational speakers assisting with SIEF's educational programs. - 5%
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Education Committee. This includes working with the membership project specialist in preparing agendas, reports, meeting summaries and ensuring related projects and action items are completed on schedule. - 5%
- 5 years of Association, Fraternal or Chamber Education experience required
- 3 years of adult accreditation and / or certificate training preferred
- 3 years of curriculum development preferred
- 3 years of meeting design and/or event management preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Non-Profit or similar field required
- ASAE Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred
- US Chamber Institute for Organization Management (IOM) preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with time-management awareness
- Understanding of standard budget accounting procedures
- Experience and understanding of curriculum development, theories of learning and knowledge of evaluation techniques
- Understanding of executive education and the administrative issues in certificate training programs and higher education programs
- Knowledge of PC based computer systems and software
- Multilingual or bilingual speaker preferred