The School of Nursing - Office of Admissions and Student Affairs is need of a Sr. Business Coordinator to counsel prospective applicants regarding admissions criteria and program requirements as well as coordinate New Student Orientation for all programs. In addition, the position will oversee transcript evaluations and coordinate communications to orient students prior to enrollment. This position is critical to the SON's education mission specifically student recruitment and admissions. This position provides key assistance to prospective students from initial query to matriculation.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Counsels prospective students regarding admission criteria and program requirements. Oversees transcript evaluation process for prospective students to the Traditional BSN and RN-BSN programs and advises applicants of outstanding prerequisite coursework.
- Coordinates New Student Orientation for all SON programs.
- Assists with the review of NCAS applications and follow-up with applicants as needed.
- Coordinates and tracks all communications to potential applicants as a result of marketing events, open houses, and general inquiries. Maintains relationships with counselors at key feeder schools.
- Tracks student preadmissions educational experiences and level of success in program. Prepares reports for the Assoc. Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs.
- Audits website based on student communications and makes recommendations based on best practices.
- Researches marketing efforts by other universities and develops recommendations based on results. Follows-up Student Advisory Committee recommendations for marketing.
- Develops reports as required for Assoc. Dean of Admissions.
- Creates and analyzes student surveys.
- Provides assistance as needed for key events such as White Coat Ceremony, Open Houses, Career Fair, Commencement, and student workshops and programs presented by OASA.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Promotes a positive work environment through professional and appropriate interpersonal interactions.
- Assists in all Admission and Student Affairs responsibilities as requested.
- Assists with presenting during Nursing Service Orientations.
- Travels to and recruits students from Texas colleges and universities and other venues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of University policy concerning admission and registration processes and applies policies of Student Handbook and Bulletins as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with prospective students, students, faculty, staff (at all levels), and others of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Ability to use PC and network systems, especially database systems, publisher, and excel.
- Competency in PeopleSoft, Kronos, and MyStar preferred.
- Ability to independently collect and compile information as required.
- Possesses strong decision-making and analysis skills.
- Ability to remain professional, proactive, resourceful, and efficient while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to safeguard and protect confidential information.
Bachelors degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related experience.
$49,920 - $55,000 Commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.