The Center for International Studies seeks an Associate Director of Immigration and International Support Services/Data Manager to serve as Designated School Official (DSO) for a population 950+ F-1 international students over three campuses. Th Associate Director position in IISS has the lead role in maintaining the data integrity of F-1 student immigration records in Terra Dotta (the international student database and the IISS paperless filing system) and the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). The Associate Director advises F-1 students on immigration and international support concerns, and provides assistance with international student programming and other projects, as needed. The Associate Director reports to the Director of Immigration and International Support Services and is based on the Boston campus.
International Student Advising (40%)
- Serve as the Designated School Official (DSO) and share advising caseload for Boston Campus F-1 students on immigration regulations and maintaining their immigration status in the United States.
- Review documents collected by International Admissions and issue Initial Attendance I-20 documents to new F-1 students.
- Advise F-1 students on maintaining F-1 status while studying/working in the United States.
- Process requests as needed using advanced working knowledge of F-1 immigration regulations, including reporting requirements and Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Serve as an IISS liaison to University stakeholders regarding immigration regulations, compliance requirements and procedures.
- Keep current on F-1 regulations and reporting requirements for compliance purposes (e.g. review updated guidance, follow listservs, attend local and national conferences, etc.)
Data Maintenance and Analysis (40%)
- Monitor all SEVIS functions (e.g. SEVIS registration, reports, and alerts) and act as the point person for maintenance of SEVIS data. Monitor and maintain data integrity that interfaces with Terra Dotta, such as Datatel/Colleague, SEVIS).
- Spearhead and be the lead with SEVIS Registration process each semester to ensure international students' progress and continued compliance with the F-1 student regulations.
- Work with the Director of Immigration and International Support Services and Develop and maintain a communication plan for reporting requirements and alerts to F-1 students.
- Update and maintain procedural/operations manual, as necessary.
- Monitor and Coordinate any system upgrades with Terra Dotta andand MCPHS Information Systems.
- Liaise with MCPHS Information Services to ensure continuity of data transfer as needed.
Website and Online Resource Management ( (10%)
- Maintain and update IISS website and international student portal.
- Develop and support online materials and workshops.
Support Services (5%)
- Liaise with non-immigration government and community agencies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on student events and workshops.
- Serve as a point person for orientation and check-in events.
Other Projects (5%)
- Other projects as assigned.
- Represent Center for International Studies on University committees, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 year's experience advising on policies and procedures as applied to international students, primarily F-1/F-2 visa holders.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with batch systems and databases.
- Excellent attention to detail and familiarity with auditing procedures
- Ability to clearly communicate government regulations and university policies to international students, faculty and administration.
- Comfortable working independently and meeting deadlines.
- Enjoys working within a team in a diverse, intercultural, and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Master's degree related to international education/affairs/studies or IT
- Experience in developing technical documentation very desirable.
- Experience with Colleague/Datatel, Terra Dotta, etc.
- Involvement in NAFSA and/or other international education professional organizations.
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world's top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law