Special Education Paraprofessional
JOB TITLE: Exceptional Student Services Paraprofessional
SUPERVISOR: Director Educational Services
DAILY HOURS: 7.5 Monday - Thursday
SALARY RANGE: Classified
WEEKLY HOURS: 32
STATUS: Non Exempt/At Will
This position involves a broad range of responsibilities within the general areas assisting the classroom teacher for the betterment of the Nadaburg Unified School District.
High School Diploma. Highly qualified per NCLB requirements, candidates must possess an AA or equivalent or proof of successful completion and passing of the ParaPro test.
- Capable of working with children one-on-one and in groups.
- Ability to relate to students, parents and teachers in a positive manner.
- Skills and ability to perform the functions of the job to include: instruction, computer, basic academic matters, problem solving and managing work assignments.
- No convictions for felonies or crimes against children.
Essential Job Skills
To assist the teacher and administration in achieving the objectives of the specified program by working with individual or small groups of students.
- Support Nadaburg Unified School District Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Assists classroom teacher working with a student, one-on-one or in small groups.
- Assists teacher in ensuring that each student's educational and behavioral needs are met in compliance with district policy.
- Displays the ability to work with a variety of students with specific learning disabilities including developmentally delayed, emotional disabilities, autistic, and non-verbal students.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Serves as a source of information and help to a substitute teacher in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Teacher/Principal/Director.