Program Specialist 3 - SEVIS Specialist - International Education
Posting Number: 02439
Department: International Education
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide support to the International Education Department in assisting International students with planning and achieving their educational goals. The primary function of this position is to support the institution maintain its F and M compliance with the Dept. of Homeland Security. Ideally, this person would be the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) within a year or two, but would immediately serve as DSO for both F and M programs and go through extensive training to become the PDSO.
The SEVIS Specialist and international student success coach is a key position at the EVCC International Education Office. Support international students, visiting students and faculty in items related to recruitment, admission, student engagement, career development plans and post-graduation support. This wrap-around service approach is based on staff's willingness and ability to support students and the EVCC community in an equitable manner, and in accordance with EVCC's strategic mission and goals with the appropriate level of competence in areas related to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) pertaining to F-1 and M-1 students, as well as other statuses that EVCC supports. The ideal candidate would have the necessary experience and utilize their ability to read, understand, interpret, and explain the CFR, the SEVIS processes, database management systems, as well as be student-centered with a deep understanding of student development in college.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in international education, database management systems or a related field.
• U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required to access the SEVIS system.
• A minimum three to five years of direct experience in F-1 regulations and direct practice as a PDSO or DSO at a U.S. higher education institution.
• Knowledge and experience working in (1) Immigration support services for F-1 students, (2) international student engagement, and (3) International recruitment and admission processing.
• Knowledge with International Education database management systems such as SEVIS RTI, FSA-Atlas, Terra Dotta Systems, PeopleSoft and other online-based applications (Google).
• Knowledge of F-1 regulations and SEVIS practice as well as the ability to interpret and explain emphatically the regulations to students, faculty, staff and community members.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, both in writing and verbally, (including active listening) with individuals at all levels inside and outside the College.
• Experience working with diverse groups and interacting effectively with a variety of constituencies, including coworkers, community leaders, the general public and external agencies.
• Demonstrated skills in coordinating and effectively prioritizing tasks, organization, follow through and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle difficult and sensitive information tactfully and confidentially, using sound judgment and within EVCC, State, and Federal policies and guidelines.
• Per Governor Inslee’s https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/21-14%20-%20COVID-19%20Vax%20Washington%20%28tmp%29.pdf state employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Your vaccine status will be verified upon hire. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need information on a medical or religious accommodation.
• Master’s Degree in Student Development, Database Management Systems, or a related field.
• Proficiency with software applications, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Gmail, Google Drive.
• Working knowledge of M-1 regulations.
• Knowledge and experience with Washington Community College SMS.
• Ability to adapt and adjust in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to contribute to a climate that fosters global understanding, awareness, and appreciation.
• Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Experience with traveling and/or living abroad and speaking a second language.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
• Ability to work in person, on campus
Work Hours: Regular office hours, Monday through Friday. Summer schedule is Monday through Thursday. Some evening hours required for events as assigned.
Work location is EvCC main campus in north Everett. Position requires working in person on campus.
Posting Date: 10/26/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply by November 15, 2022 for first consideration. Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2022.
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring individuals who exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution.Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to ApplicantsPrior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Drug-Free Campus In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.The complete policy is available at http://www.everettcc.edu/administration/policy/#HR. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and SecurityEvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the http://www.everettcc.edu/administration/operations/security/index.cfm?id=3192.This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $53,100 to $69,756 plus benefits
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3610031
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.