Market Range: 06
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of assigned supervisor, this position serves as the point of contact for students and potential applicants interested in the nursing program. This position evaluates and guides applicants through recruitment, Pre-admission advising, up to application completion, acceptance, and orientation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ongoing communication and guidance to prospective students for all nursing programs.
- Collaborates with various points of contacts such as Nursing CAS, EMP, phone calls, emails, Nursing Pipeline Coordinator, etc. to ensure timely follow-up with all applicants.
- Evaluates transcripts to ensure criteria are met for admission (including GPA calculations) and advises the applicant on pathways to ensure meeting admission criteria.
- Evaluates applications for completeness and reports missing items from the application to the applicant Participates in the use of the Client Relations Management system (EMP), using it as needed to drive applicants to completion.
- Provides visitors access to Student Affairs via telephone, face-to-face meetings, virtual meetings, written letters, text, email inquiries for website postings/advertisements about the College of Nursing academic programs (BSN, DNP, PhD and certificate).
- Develops written correspondence for Office of Student Affairs, including regular correspondence with students, faculty, administration and program inquiries (e.g., mailing preprinted materials).
- Maintains database of current individual applicant inquiries and status.
- Provides input into the budget for Student Affairs.
- Develops reports throughout the application process on efforts of pre-admissions advising, coaching, and mentoring
- Coordinates orientation events including university, college of nursing, and program orientation.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, and executing activities related to current students and alumni, including engagement activities, orientation activities, scholarship, student organizations, clubs, and professional associations.
- Assists with planning of events for prospective students, including webinars, virtual sessions, open houses, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of related experience in nursing admissions and outreach activities. Demonstrated experience collaborating with partners across the nursing school pipeline, including high schools, community colleges, undergraduate institutions, influencers/advisors, and community-based groups. (Experience with Nursing CAS or EMP, preferred). Valid driver's license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of graduate and undergraduate recruitment and advising in health sciences higher education setting.
- Possess skills related to data collection, non-academic student support programs, and oral presentations to key stakeholders.
- Ability to utilize best practices related to student recruitment.
- Good math skills and detailed oriented.
- Must have ability to work in a team environment and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ability to plan and organize work and multi-task.
- Excellent customer services skills.