Extended Job Title:
Senior Advisor - Student Services
Advises individuals and provides guidance services regarding routine to complex issues in assigned area. Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with established policies and procedures. This title will require an extended, descriptive title.
Up to 25%
- Provide knowledgeable and professional guidance to students, parents, high school counselors and other entities while attending in-office meetings, front counter shifts, special events, orientation/presentations and answering general financial aid emails.
- Adhere to university policies, and federal and state regulations, to include FERPA.
- Perform routine oversight of student awards and adjust financial aid awards as needed. Utilize Banner and Cognos reports (ex. overawards, repeat coursework, etc.) to adjust student financial aid awards.
- Inform supervisor of outstanding issues or escalation.
- Represent the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office by interacting with students, parents, high school counselors and other entities at local and university events.
- Utilize systems (i.e. Salesforce, Dynamic forms, STS, Federal systems, etc.) to track advising appointments, emails, and inform supervisor or outstanding issues. Advisors will oversee students based on alpha split, student classification or other methodology as determined by the leadership team.
- Provide direct supervision to immediate reports. Serve as backup for direct reports, assist with escalations and provide input to the Assistant Director of Student Services. Assist in serving the goals and objectives of the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office and the university.
Minimum Hire Rate:
- Working knowledge of higher education
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of Banner Financial Aid management system
- Attention to detail and ability to streamline processes
- Ability to prioritize tasks
Student Financial Aid
Information and Records Clerks
Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or progressively responsible related experience to equal six (6) years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?:
Adherence to robust safety practices and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations are responsibilities of all TTU employees.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan by visiting www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/payplan.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.