Program Manager, International Outreach (Full-Time 1-Year Temporary Assignment)
Program Manager, International Outreach (Full-Time 1-Year Temporary Assignment)
Ideal Candidate Statement: The ideal candidate has a passion for international education and enthusiasm in working with international students. The candidate will have an innovative mindset and possess excellent customer service skills with a strong focus on student support. This candidate possesses strong written and presentation skills that are applicable to non-native English speakers, and has exceptional attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have a strong background and knowledge of the F-1 visa acquisition process, ability to conduct market analyses and develop data driven action plans, and experience in carrying out international student recruitment strategies with proven results.
Ohlone prides itself as a Learning College with the motto of “A World of Cultures United in Learning” and the candidate must embrace diversity in serving students of varied backgrounds and learning styles. The candidate is highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, respectful of diverse views and opinions, and must be committed to the values of the College and lead with integrity.
Job Description Summary: Under the direction of the Director of International Programs and Services, the Program Manager of International Outreach will be responsible for planning and conducting outreach activities related to the recruitment and admission of international students to Ohlone College. This position will require the ability to develop and maintain relationships with international partners, schools and agencies. The incumbent will be expected to conduct trend analyses on the international student market, formulate action plans for enrollment management, and to assess global markets for current and future international recruitment. The Program Manager of International Outreach serves as the face of the College, providing support, information, and guidance on all aspects of the international program to prospective students and their families, international schools and partners. This position requires attention to detail and excellent cross-cultural communication, organizational and presentation skills.
The Program Manager of International Outreach position requires duties to be performed on campus. International travel is required.
• Plan, manage, and implement outreach strategies for international student recruitment, both overseas and in the Bay Area.
• Plan and implement outreach activities, including marketing and social media campaigns.
• Develop, maintain, and manage partnerships with international schools, agencies and partners.
• Manage new international student applications, including communication with prospective students and partners, and providing current acceptance and visa requirements.
• Research data on international student markets, provide market analyses, and make recommendations for recruitment strategies.
• Track data on international student recruitment efforts; prepare reports and communicate results.
• Prepare effective presentations and communicate to small and large groups, for both prospective students and campus stakeholders.
• Oversee and update marketing materials including brochures, pamphlets, web pages and presentations.
• Provide general support to International Programs and Services as needed.
• Train and provide work direction and guidance to other staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Recruitment strategies for international students.
• Marketing and social media presence for international programs.
• Development and maintenance of partnerships with international agencies and schools.
• International student application process, including immigration requirements.
• Research methods for international student markets.
• General knowledge of F-1 visa regulations and the ability to advise students on F-1 visa acquisition.
• Oral and written cross-cultural communication skills.
• Principles and practices of supervision and training.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Operation of a computer and assigned software.
• Work with a diverse population and have sensitivity to the needs of all students.
• Travel internationally for weeks at a time, including trip planning.
• Develop and follow an annual budget for travel and outreach efforts that maximizes impact.
• Provide data-driven reports regarding the effectiveness of recruitment strategies, including cost/benefit analysis.
• Research and analyze data and market trends.
• Present information in an effective way to small and large groups.
• Generate, update, maintain and distribute promotional materials for the international program.
• Manage, supervise, and train staff and students.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Follow through with projects as assigned.
• Work independently.
• Plan and organize work with attention to detail.
• Maintain records and files.
• Prepare comprehensive narratives and statistical reports.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in international student recruitment;
Commitment to community college goals/objectives of being an equity-based and anti-racist institution, and providing quality programs and services for culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse students and students with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of non-traditional and/or re-entry students with diverse abilities and interests;
Must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
Range 219 - Management Salary Schedule ($86,502 - $110,404 Annually)
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Ohlone offers a competitive benefits package. Below is a list of some of our offerings:
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Long Term Disability (LTD).
• Membership in Public Employees’ Retirement System. Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013 are subject to restrictions imposed by PEPRA.
• Contribution to O.A.S.D.I. (Social Security).
• Paid vacation.
• Paid sick leave.
• Paid holidays and district-paid floating personal days.
• Summer 4/10 schedule.
• Longevity pay increase based on years of service.
• IRS Section 125 Flexible Medical Spending Plan.
• 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (employee contributes).
• 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity Plan (employee contributes).
• Enrollment fee waiver program.
*Benefits will be prorated for positions less than 100%
Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986:
Applicants selected for positions will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.”
A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California, serving 12,000 students per year. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a center in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark Center is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
EEO Statement Summary:
The District is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and to hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our community. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding or related medical condition or any other protected basis in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
If you have a disability and are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the Human Resources office at: (510) 659-6088.
Conditions of Employment: Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Ohlone Community College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis and proof of vaccination from COVID-19. In addition, you will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.” Pre-employment tests and/or medical examinations may be required. Ohlone Community College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance. Employees must be California residents on their date of hire and for the duration of their employment with Ohlone Community College District.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3641103
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.