- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The purpose of this position is to serve as the assistant director in student affairs for Penn State New Kensington. This position includes direct oversight for student engagement, diversity and inclusion, clubs/organizations, orientation and conduct. This position focuses on the day-to-day management of operations for each of these areas within student affairs that includes the supervision of professional and student staff.
This individual will also serve as the liaison and primary contact for these areas to students, parents, faculty, staff and the Penn State University Commonwealth System stakeholders. The primary focus of this individual will be to directly support the campus strategic plan and while providing our primarily, commuting student population with a quality student experience.
These initiatives and services include, but are not limited to;
- Student engagement, leadership development, civic engagement, & health/wellness events.
- Targeted programming for each class year, commuter students, adult learners, and veterans.
- Develop and implement diversity and multicultural programs that build awareness and foster understanding and inclusion.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement programs and events that connect students to diverse organizations within the community and region.
- Support international students that includes orientation and other experiences on campus and in the community.
- Advise the Campus Activities Board and Student Government Association.
- Oversee and coordinate all policies and procedures related to student clubs and organizations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Student Orientation and Transition Programs.
- Oversight and administration of the campus student conduct system.
- Provide direction, supervision, and training to professional staff member and students within office.
- Responsible for budget management for the office, Campus Activities Board, Student Government Association, and fundraising of all registered student organizations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for office and student organizations on campus.
- Serve on committees throughout campus and the Penn State Commonwealth System.
- This position will require some evening and weekend availability that includes travel.
Typically requires a Master's degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership, programming, communication and budget management skills. Candidates looking to pursue their Master's degree preferably in Higher Education or Students Affairs will be considered. Penn State University offers competitive tuition remission for its employees.
We are seeking diverse candidates committed to fostering exploration, community engagement and development of students through educational and experiential opportunities. Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
This position also requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
The following clearances must be successfully completed for this position:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check
- Review of applications will start immediately.*
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Policies
New Kensington, PA