Oversee operations and programs related to the admissions of first-year medical student and visiting medical students (domestic and international). Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Admissions, implement policies, procedures and protocols that link the mission of the Keck School of Medicine to the admission of candidates to the Medical Doctor (M.D.) program. Following applicable federal and state laws, accreditation standards, and national best practices for admission of medical students and visiting medical students. Prepare annual reports for the Association of American Medical Colleges and the Liaison Committee on Medical Education. Act as one of the representatives of the school to external organizations concerned with all aspects of medical school admissions.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the admissions application process including developing interview schedule, coordinating application opening and closing dates, and managing assignment of student and faculty interviewers.
- Oversee the visiting medical student application process. Receive and process applications for students and coordinate acceptance with clinical departments. Manage the onboarding and health clearance process for visiting students.
- Manage updates to the Admissions application system and Visiting Student Learning Opportunities software systems. Ensure applications are updated each cycle with information for applicants. Work with vendors to resolve system issues.
- Develop and prepare admissions reports for internal and external use.
- Assist with training of admissions faculty, including admissions committee members.
- Support the Assistant Director of Recruitment with the planning of “Accepted Students Day”.
- Coordinate onboarding activities for accepted students, including health clearances, criminal background check and registration. Liaise with university and medical staff offices to coordinate students understanding of requirements and processes.
- Serve as a member of the Year 1 Orientation Committee.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in admissions and recruitment at an academic or higher education institution, with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs. Deft ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and assess large amounts of physical and digital data. Skilled in interviewing, counseling, conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making. Proven
ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements. Skilled at organization, with astute attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills for communicating tactfully with all levels of staff, media, and diverse individuals and groups. Ability to lead and guide diverse, high-performing teams, fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, transparency, and accountability. Exemplary written and oral communication and presentation skills, with experience developing communication plans, instructional materials and related content.
Preferred Field of Expertise:Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages. Experience with customer-relationship
management (CRM) systems. Demonstrated experience with office management
communication software/tools (e.g. Google suite, Slack, Skype). Experience in social media management. USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance
. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law. Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination Certain positions are subject to
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: