Reporting to the Dean for International Programs, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and coordination of Semester and Short-term Study Abroad Programs.
- Provide information and guidance to students about application procedures to study abroad.
- Track best practices for health and safety in study abroad and advise the Deans on current safety recommendations for delivering programs abroad.
- Collaborate on development and implementation of ongoing marketing and communication strategies to promote all study abroad programs utilizing FIT's study abroad website and social media (Instagram, etc).
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy student records for study abroad programs, exchange programs, and visiting international students; prepare reports for the Dean for International Education.
- Protect privacy and use discretion with sensitive student information.
- Coordinate study visa applications: advise students about visa requirements, gather essential documentation as necessary, review for accuracy, and provide guidance to students confronting technical difficulties.
- Communicate effectively with liaisons in partner universities abroad to administer programs, advise students and solve problems as they arise.
- Liaise effectively with relevant FIT departments concerning outbound and inbound student applications, course registration, approvals, transcripts, billing, and records.
- Communicate effectively with students regarding application, registration, passport and visa applications, and any emergency notifications.
- Assist with inbound and outbound student orientations and re-entry events for semester and short-term study abroad programs.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
- Experience with study abroad programs.
- Experience in higher education and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide accurate and appropriate information to students, faculty, staff, and overseas collaborators.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, effective oral and written communication skills, proficiency in data research and analysis, and sufficient competency in office software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Constant; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Frequent; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift<10- Occasional; Lift 10-20- Occasional; Lift over 50- N/A; Reach- Occasional
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 93; Successor Agreement (page 8)
Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year
Mid Range Salary: $82,135 per year
Maximum Salary: $95,636 per year