The Associate Director for International Education oversees all aspects of international student services and programming in collaboration with the Senior Director of International Education and serves as the primary international student advisor. This position is responsible for providing excellent international student services, programming facilitation and assistance with international student admission and recruitment as well as study abroad programs as part of the International Education team.
- Provide quality advising and overall international student services by attaining a high level of understanding and proficiency in federal regulations governing F-visa requirements to ensure the maintenance of students' lawful nonimmigrant status.
- As Designated School Official, ensure proper and timely reporting to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security by maintaining student records in SEVIS to ensure Park University's international F-1 nonimmigrant students are in lawful status.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Park University's international-related programming and activities in collaboration with Graduate Assistant. Act as the advisor for the International Student Club - working with the groups' leaders as a mentor. Align programming efforts with the objectives of Park's Core Values. Current programming priorities include International Education Week, International Student Check-in Sessions, International Student Orientation and International Sash Ceremony.
- Assist with international student admission process in collaboration with Senior Director as part of the International Education team.
- Assist with international student recruitment and marketing in collaboration with Senior Director including virtual and in person international student fairs, university partnership visits, virtual marketing and collaboration with EducationUSA.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key current international students through coordination of International Student Ambassador Program.
- Assist with study abroad programming, promotion, orientation and execution as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- 3 years of experience working a field related to International Education.
- Extensive experience working with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, passion for international education, cross-cultural sensitivity, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of leadership principles and demonstrated application of organizational skills.
- Experience with social media and knowledge of new technologies is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours, as needed.
- Knowledge of other languages preferred.
- A valid passport and/or the ability to travel if needed
Park University provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and paid undergraduate tuition for employees and dependents. Park University is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants must upload a resume and cover letter that includes salary requirements.