Assistant Director, Education Abroad
The University at Buffalo’s Office of Study Abroad Programs seeks an Assistant Director, Education Abroad. Reporting to the Assistant Vice Provost for Education Abroad, the Assistant Director will serve as the second-in-command of the office and represent the Assistant Vice Provost in his absence.
As the Assistant Director, you will also:
- Help develop and manage a portfolio of faculty-led and outbound exchange programs
- Serve as a student advisor and as a program and participant liaison
- Serve as the primary contact between Education Abroad and a selection of UB Schools and Departments
- Actively manage publicity and outreach activities, including coordinating alumni resources and events designed to promote Education Abroad
- Support Education Abroad program academic administration
- Assist with the coordination of Education Abroad program assessment process
- Provide emergency response support related to health and safety incidents
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of directly related work experience.
- Experience advising students in a US higher education environment.
- Willingness and ability to think and act strategically in support of unit mission, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience as a study abroad participant, or experience working outside the United States.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective public speaking and presentation skills and an ability to communicate enthusiasm for the programs and activities being represented.
- Proficiency with electronic tool such as MS Office applications, and including electronic communication (e-mail, social media, etc.)
- Ability to work occasional non-standard (evening, weekend) hours as needed to meet the position’s professional obligation.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience coordinating/managing faculty-led education abroad programs.
- Experience with program development and budgeting.
- Experience with Terra Dotta Study Abroad software.
Outstanding Benefits Package Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
For additional information and to apply, please visit UBJobs at https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/38821
All applications must be submitted via UBJobs, applications submitted via any other method can not be considered. The application deadline is December 15, 2022
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.