Benjamin Franklin Cummings Institute of Technology
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology (BFIT) is a private, non-profit technical college located in Boston's South End. Founded in 1908, the college is proud of its long tradition of educating students for skilled, high-demand technical careers in a variety of industries, including automotive, advanced manufacturing, computer technology, health care, and construction trades through a mixture of 1-year, 2-year, and 4-year programs. Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology recently received the largest gift in its history: $12.5 million from the Cummings Foundation to continue to advance its leading-edge work in creating technical career pathways for students typically underrepresented in post-secondary education. This position reports to the Executive Director for the Center for Energy Efficiency and the Trades. POSITION SUMMARY:
This critical member of the admissions staff serves as an admissions representative charged with recruiting prospective students from high schools, community-based organizations, and community centers in their respective territories. Specifically, the Admissions Counselor shall:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits' students by leveraging alumni networks, visiting area high schools and college admission events, arranging, and leading campus tours, and following up on all leads to induce students to attend the institution.
- Reviews applications and guides prospective students through the enrollment process.
- Follows up with students to verify any application issues, including discrepancies or missing information keeping a good relationship with them until enrollment.
- Works collaboratively with other admissions counselors, as well as financial aid and student success colleagues to keep students and families front and center.
- Analyzes their prospect pool and other data based on field work and results and--with consultation from the Director of Admissions--adjusts recruiting strategies and materials accordingly to promote the best yield.
- Maintains the continuity of recruiting operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Improves quality results by studying and evaluating their results and implementing changes in their approach.
- Proactively updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and keeping current with institutional guidelines and requirements.
- Maintains accurate documentation of applicant's place in the pipeline and their progress toward the goal of enrollment
- Creates a welcome environment for students, families, community members, and teachers as it pertains to college readiness.
- Maintains responsibility for disseminating accurate and compelling information about the programs offered at the college.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Swift decision making and strong judgement
- Motivation and persuasion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Listening and interpersonal skills
- Supports diversity
- Results driven
- Willingness to balance office work and extensive local travel to prospect sites
- Role requires irregular hours and some night and weekend event coverage
- Appreciation for working within diverse environments and teams
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Associates Degree required
- Prior admissions experience a plus
- Valid Driver's License
- This position is Temporary Full-time (Salaried) $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
Role requires irregular hours and some night and weekend event coverageEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BFIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, disability (including those related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other characteristic or activity protected under federal, state or local law. *Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of two professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately.* Job Posted by ApplicantPro