Charter One is hiring for a Regional Director of Exceptional Student Services for our Southwest Division located in Mesa, Arizona. The Regional Director of Exceptional Student Services is primarily responsible for leading the ESS program, which includes, special education, section 504, EL, and gifted services, to serve students and their families effectively and efficiently in alignment with the Charter One philosophy and state and federal laws. Candidates must be willing to obtain an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting and developing the regional ESS team
- Setting and reporting out on long-term and short-term ESS priorities that support the expansion of Charter One schools
- Supports campus administration and ESS Assistant Directors to maintain highly effective special education programs and Section 504 protections for eligible students
- Responsible for ensuring each school within the region maintains compliance with all state and federal requirement for ESS programs
- Collaborate across Charter One departments to manage federal grants and state reporting
- Maintain oversight and collaboration of contracted service providers
- Stay abreast of changes in local educational law and the impacts to schools within the region
- Other duties as Assigned
- 3 years of special education leadership experience
- Special Education Certification in at least one sate within the region
- Master's Degree preferred
- Skilled in conflict resolution and mediation
- Skilled in organization and project management
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly growing school system
Travel within the region is required.
Travel outside of the region may be required.
If you have questions about the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.