Recruitment Coordinator Position Number 02008177 Division Sheldon B Lubar College of Business Department B1220 BUSINESS/INSTRUCTIONAL Position Type Non-Teaching Academic Staff Appointment Type Fixed Renewable FLSA Status Exempt Percent 100 Posting Type Staff Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is a premier public urban university committed to academic excellence. Located in the commercial and industrial hub of Wisconsin, the campus is in a pleasant residential neighborhood only a few blocks from Lake Michigan. The Sheldon B. Lubar College of Business, known for superior scholarly research and academic programs, is accredited by AACSB International since 1970. It offers BBA, MBA, Executive MBA, MS, and Ph.D. degree programs. With doctorates from some of the country's leading universities, the full-time Faculty brings an impressive range of expertise to the Lubar College and their research has gained recognition in national and international rankings. Additionally, our MBA and undergraduate programs are ranked regionally and nationally for excellence. Further information is available at: www.lubar.uwm.edu
UWM celebrates, values and promotes the diverse voices and experiences of its students and employees and our community partners. We believe diversity enriches and strengthens our institution. UWM is committed to providing equitable access to opportunities for students and employees from every background. We aspire to create a campus climate that is welcoming to all.
The Recruitment Coordinator's primary responsibilities include the leadership, management, and evaluation of a comprehensive recruitment strategy for the Lubar College undergraduate student population. The Recruitment Coordinator will plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and execute the recruitment and admissions process in alignment with the institution's and Lubar College's strategic goals. The Coordinator represents the Lubar College and the institution to prospective students with a goal of attracting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, diverse student body. The position will include some evening and weekend work/travel.
- Advise, coach, and guide prospective Business students through the exploration of Lubar's array of programs and admission to the university.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of undergraduate programs and requirements as well as the benefit of completing a program at the Lubar College of Business.
- Collaborate with UW-Milwaukee's Office of Undergraduate Recruitment (OUA) to develop and host events and conduct outreach to prospective and newly admitted incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- Collaborate with Lubar's marketing team to create prospective and admitted student campaigns, brochures and flyers, videos, social media, and other tools to recruit a diverse student body.
- Lead the development and execution of the annual recruitment plan to determine what initiatives and events will be held to recruit business students as well as yield admitted students, leading to enrollment within the Lubar College of Business.
- Using the campus CRM data, college data, and qualitative data from surveys and focus groups, assess recruitment initiatives and their effect on the yield of business students and refine recruitment plans based on findings.
- Bachelor's degree
- One or more years of professional work or internship/practicum experience working with high school students, college students, and/or parents related to higher education
- Event planning experience
- Master's degree in a related field
- Prior college recruitment experience
- Prior experience creating/executing recruitment plans
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience using electronic databases and/or CRM systems to collect and utilize data
- Evidence of ability to relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds
Candidates seeking consideration must apply online and submit application materials electronically to include:
- Cover letter addressing educational and professional level work experience as it relates to all minimum and preferred qualifications
- A list of three references with contact information to include postal addresses, e-mail and phone numbers
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate's application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
Application Deadline 02/19/2023 Continuous (Open Until Filled?) No If Continuous, Initial Review Date Position Contact Name Jordan Hampton Contact Phone 414-251-8539 Contact Email email@example.com Application Notes
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message "Your application has been submitted" is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM's Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Title and Total Compensation Project
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Department of Human Resources
©2023 Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.