Program Officer, Project GO and Language Training Center Programs (Hybrid) - (3430)
- Institute of International Education
- Washington D.C.
- Closing date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Student & Scholar Services, Other
- Position Type
- Coordinator, Program Manager
- Employment Type
- Organization Type
The Program Officer, DoD Programs, provides administrative grant support and manages a portfolio of U.S. universities who implement both the Project Global Officer (GO) and the Language Training Center Programs.
The Program Officer plays a crucial role in these innovative programs by working closely with a diverse IIE Team, with DoD colleagues, and with an assigned portfolio of stakeholders at US universities to achieve program goals and objectives. The Program Officer role focuses significantly on the support of program and grant administration to the US universities that implement Project GO and LTC programming. The role monitors program and financial compliance, measures progress and outcomes, and provides technical assistance through policy and process guidance as needed. This high impact position has many opportunities for growth because of the wide range of duties and the many professional partners involved in delivery.
Project GO provides scholarships for critical language and culture study opportunities domestically and abroad to talented ROTC students across the United States, supported by 27 Project GO institutions of U.S. higher education. The Language Training Center Program provides customized language, culture, and regional expertise education to support the evolving needs and missions of the U.S. military and other Department of Defense partners through programming provided by 10 U.S. higher education institutions designated as Language Training Centers.
The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed above.
• Serves as main point of contact for a portfolio of IIE programs. Responds to questions, provides programmatic training and onboarding for new staff at partner universities, and follows up on program deliverables.
• In collaboration with IIE’s grants and contracts team and the oversight of the team Director, the GO/LTC program officer facilitates the institutional grant award process by drafting grant umbrella awards and annual project orders.
• Monitors, tracks, and reports on program progress, outcomes, conduct, and program and financial compliance. Responds to program and financial compliance queries and provides technical guidance. Provides regular updates on grantees to team Director and program sponsor.
• Conducts site visits to monitor program progress and compliance, as needed. Plans agenda for the visit in close collaboration with team Director, program sponsor, and grantee.
• Analyzes program data to make policy recommendations. Provides input on policy and process communication and coordinates roll out of program guidelines through providing training and support to program partners.
• Maintains program communications and data in Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, following established processes.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of program events, including orientations activities, programmatic webinars, and annual program meetings.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of related work experience, or combination education and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of international education programming.
• Interest in or knowledge of language and culture focused programs.
• For Project Go/LTC, higher education experience and/or U.S. military and ROTC experience preferred.
• Ability to manage intercultural and emergency issues.
• Demonstrated project management, time management, and administrative skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
• High level of financial numeracy and accuracy preferred.
Salary Range: $60,547-$70,386. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, internal organizational equity, and geographic region.
IIE offers a robust suite of benefits to team members including medical, dental, and vision plans, paid time off and holidays, student loan and tuition reimbursement programs, professional development reimbursement program, retirement plans and a family medical leave benefits. Please visit our careers page for further details.Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
One World Trade Center
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert