The Towson University Division of Academic Affairs is seeking a passionate and collaborative individual to serve as the Assistant Director for Study Abroad & Away. The Assistant Director advises study abroad and away students throughout their experience, develops and administers programs, and performs critical office operations. If you're looking for an opportunity to support student success and global learning and want to make an impact every day this is the position for you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Advising students concerning all aspects of their study abroad or away experience in select world region
- Developing and administering short and long-term TU programs and exchanges
- Facilitating pre-departure and reentry programming
- Managing the study abroad/away web-based application and tracking system
- Coordinating billing and registration for all study abroad and away participants
- Liaising with international partner institutions and study abroad and away program providers
- Communicating with other administrative and academic departments on-campus regarding all aspects of study abroad and away
- Supervising and training the Study Abroad and Away Peer Advisors
- Maintaining office operations and responding to emergencies in the absence of the Director and Associate Director
The Assistant Director is expected to be actively involved in the field of international education in the region, nationally, and internationally via participation in professional organizations and conferences. Some domestic and international travel is required. Telework may be available for this position one day per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum three years of work experience in education abroad including study abroad/away advising, program development, and program administration
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices within the field
- Experience working with various constituencies (staff, faculty, parents, providers)
- Demonstrated use of computer applications, database, web-based technology, and website maintenance
- Excellent communication skills Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to multi-task, highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Experience living, working or studying abroad.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Previous experience with Symplicity Horizons or other web-based study abroad enrollment system
- Ability to speak a foreign language
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, please click here. TU also offers a variety of great perks and discounts, which can be found here.
If you are motivated, innovative, and team-oriented, we would love to hear from you. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application. This position will be open for a minimum of 21 days.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.