STUDENT SERVICE ASSISTANT VACANCY
The Cincinnati Public Schools invites applications for the position of Student Service Assistant (formerly Nap Aide). This position reports to the building principal and provides day-to-day support of pre-school students.
- High School Graduate, equivalent or higher
- Work experience with young/pre-school age children in an urban situation desirable
The successful candidate shall have the training, skills and ability necessary to:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, problem solve and work independently.
- Must be able to verbally and physically interact with students as needed.
- Demonstrates a professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains an open line of communication with parents/ guardians using the tools provided by the district as needed.
- Maintains a professional demeanor with coworkers, administration, and general public.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- To provide care and supervision of young/ pre-school aged students while they are napping in a classroom setting. You are also responsible for their care and supervision should they awake.
- Willingness to spend the time needed to effectively meet the challenges, objectives, and mission of the CPS district.
- Ability to be professional, compassionate, empathetic, caring and dedicated to human growth and development.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing as needed.
- Collaborates with peers as needed to be successful in position.
- Maintain confidentiality of restricted information.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by administrator.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Starting Salary Range: $14.28 per hr.
Service Period: School year only - 3 hours daily
The intent of this is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Certain jobs at Cincinnati Public Schools may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation are available upon request from Human Resources.
All interested applicants are invited to submit an online application at www.cps-k12.org / Apply online.
Cincinnati Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. The district has a continuing non-discrimination policy which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER