International Student Advisor (DSO)
International Student Services
The International Student Advisor will serve as a university Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) dedicated to the Adelphi University International (AUI) program, and is expected to be able to adequately perform responsibilities associated with this role. The candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication abilities, strong interpersonal skills, and effective time management.
REPORTS TO: Director, International Services
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Serve as university Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) maintaining accurate knowledge of SEVP's Governing Regulations for Schools and Students and the Exchange Visitor Program regulations, providing regulatory guidance to incoming, current, and progressing Adelphi University International (AUI) students.
2. Review and process “Certificate of Eligibility” I-20 and DS-2019 Forms for incoming, continuing and progressing AUI students.
3. Monitor and maintain student/scholar records associated with Adelphi University International (AUI) programs, as per the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS) compliance responsibilities.
4. Collaborate with university constituents to identify and support the academic, developmental, and learning needs of AUI students, assisting and participating with orientation and other student services as needed.
5. Organize and facilitate regulatory workshops and other activities as needed to support the needs of international students participating in and progressing from the Adelphi University International programs.
• Firm knowledge of SEVP's Governing Regulations for Schools and Students and is preferred.
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex immigration issues involving a variety of individuals and situations, rules and external agencies.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work collaboratively, accurately and productively .
• Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to be effective in a crisis management situation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
• A minimum of 1-3 years' experience working in a university setting is required.
• Experience advising international students and working with SEVIS or Terra Dotta preferred.
• U.S. citizen or legal permanent residence required.
• Excellent computer proficiency required.
• Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check, per federal regulations.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 7,250 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students 79 undergraduate programs, more than 84 master's degree and doctoral programs, and 63 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 119,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 72 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3824395
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.