Southern Careers Institute (SCI)
is seeking a Director of Admissions to join our growing Waco, Texas campus as well as our campuses in South Texas - Rio Grande Valley! We are offering a relocation package, join us in the opportunity to be part of a life changing career.WHY MOVE TO TEXAS?
WHO WE ARE:
- The economy is booming- no state income tax!
- Lively sports culture.
- Home affordability.
- Plenty of safe cities and suburbs to call home.
- Top-notch educational opportunities.
- Food and drink options second to none.
- Diversity and culture.
SCI is a vocational education institution providing job training and employment services for Texans. Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and approved by the Texas Workforce Commission - Career Schools and Colleges, SCI offers job training programs in business, cosmetology, medical, pharmacy, technology and trades within eight (8) campuses located throughout Texas as well as online virtual courses.WORKING AT SCI:
- Under the direction of leadership, design and implement a comprehensive strategic plan, including revolving 90-day, 6 month and one-year strategies, of admissions of new students to the company;
- Present the school to prospective students, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates; tours of the institution; interviews with candidates; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals;
- Promote good relationships and create networking opportunities and support for representatives with outside institutions or groups that can be helpful in attracting quality students. Attend outreach opportunities in the community.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Higher Education admissions or closely related field;
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred; some post-secondary education required;
- Some management experience in post-secondary education or related industry highly preferred;
- A passion for education and commitment to a “students first” philosophy;
- Ability to succinctly and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing;
- An entrepreneurial “get it done” work ethic with ownership and accountability for your team.
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- A competitive base salary and bonus eligible position
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.