ADMISSIONS OUTREACH AND SELECTION OFFICER
- Schwarzman Scholars
- New York City, New York (US)
- $80,000 - $100,000 USD
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Organization Type
Schwarzman Scholars is a one year fully-funded master’s program in global affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. As the first scholarship of its kind created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st century, Schwarzman Scholars aspires to build a global network of young leaders that are prepared to confront the pressing challenges facing the world. Founded in 2013 by Steven A. Schwarzman, it is one of the world’s most prestigious graduate fellowships.
Each year, up to 200 candidates are chosen for this highly selective program. Scholars are selected based on their leadership qualities and the potential to understand and bridge cultural and political differences. They live in Beijing for a year of intensive study, honing leadership skills through a curriculum designed and taught by leading academics from internationally ranked institutions.
Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ADMISSIONS OUTREACH AND SELECTION OFFICER
Schwarzman Scholars seeks an Outreach and Selection Officer to be part of the Admissions team to execute a world-class admissions process, designed to select the next generation of young leaders from around the world for an unparalleled experience in China via the Schwarzman Scholars Master’s program at Tsinghua University.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the admissions team responsible for recruiting applicants to Schwarzman Scholars. The Outreach and Selection Officer will cultivate recruiting relationships with the world’s leading universities, colleges, global firms, governments, and multi-lateral organizations, networks of young professionals, and young leaders. They will take key responsibility for designing and implementing high-level outreach events and generate new ideas for sources of Scholars. They will assist in a goal-oriented and thorough selection processes that produce Scholars who are on track to be the next generation of leaders around the world. They will report directly to the Associate Director of Global Admissions and will be part of a global admissions team that is headquartered in New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct innovative in-person and virtual outreach activities to create awareness of Schwarzman Scholars, including establishing and maintaining a functional and well-communicated schedule of regional outreach activities; making presentations to prospective students, campus contacts, and key staff and faculty; representing the program at fairs and conferences and with networks of young professionals; hosting informational workshops and webinars; and, facilitating communication campaigns. Travel is required
• Contribute to the execution of the selection process for applicants, providing on-site staffing and facilitation for interviews.
• Support the application process, including providing expertise on educational systems and credentials as part of the technical review of incoming applications; responding to applicant queries throughout the application process. Utilize online application, CRM system (Slate), and other platforms to provide frequent data and activity reporting on the outreach and selection activities.
• Provide insight on design and development of various project components, including: program outreach; application and selection management; communications; and data capture and reporting.
• Manage communication with university fellowship advisor community during the selection season.
• Liaise closely with Beijing-based China Admissions colleagues to ensure the parallel U.S./ Global & China Admissions processes are aligned.
• Performs other admissions-related duties and functions as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• Three years of work experience, with at least two years in a high-level, fast-paced environment. Experience directly related to university admissions, enrollment management and/or administration of fellowship/scholarship programs strongly preferred.
• Experience studying or working in China is preferred but not required.
• Experience living or working overseas, preferably in an educational or nonprofit environment, preferred but not required.
• Experience in student support is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong public speaking and written communication skills to convey information to individuals and groups of varying educational, cultural, and experience levels and across mediums.
• Strong organizational, planning, and scheduling skills with demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects on time and on budget.
• Strong knowledge of the higher education landscape and prestigious graduate fellowship opportunities preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated adaptability in dealing with changing and/or uncertain circumstances as well as condensed timeframes. Exposure to start-up environments preferred.
• Excellent commitment to quality and customer focus. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
• High level of creativity and the proven ability to conceptualize and implement innovative and cutting-edge outreach tactics (both virtual and in-person).
• Ability to maintain compliance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Comfort and competence in engaging with diverse populations. Proven ability to work effectively across different world regions. Strong inter-cultural competency required.
• High level of integrity and accountability; ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
• Professionalism, maturity, and the ability to use diplomacy in difficult situations.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000 USD
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. In addition, we offer a retirement savings plan with a company match, a flexible spending plan with a company match and a commuter savings plan.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
345 Park Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert