Represents the University of Houston to the public community in Houston, throughout Texas, and across the nation. Provides information to, and advises prospective students regarding the academic programs offered by the University or a specific department, including requirements for admission and retention through graduation.
- Advises prospective students regarding admissions, academic programs and curriculums.
- Analyzes and processes admission application, change of major forms, and term changes, and serves on the individual review committee.
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic suspension.
- Conducts orientation and campus visit sessions for groups of incoming new students.
- Recruit high school and community college students and may make presentations at special events.
- Establishes and maintains contact with the business, educational, and general community sectors to discuss and outline proper planning and procedure as they relate to recruitment and retention.
- Maintains student files updated throughout their admissions process and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of experience.