The Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy consists of two schools, the School of Public Policy and Management and the School of Information Systems and Management and offers an academic experience unlike any other. Heinz College prepares students with a unique ability to conduct careful and objective analysis of relevant data, to understand and demonstrate the power of information technology, and to lead and implement change in managerial and policy contexts.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Admissions to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to engage in a dynamic environment where your work will make a strong, positive impact. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement the admissions, recruitment, and onboarding strategies for outstanding graduate degree programs. You will also be responsible for developing various marketing resources such as email campaigns and student surveys, in addition to crafting advertisements for strategic publications and websites. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter who demonstrates positive relationship-building skills, an outgoing approach and the ability to champion an innovative and collaborative work environment that is inclusive and respectful of diverse cultures and perspectives.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting with developing the strategic plan, policies and procedures for admissions recruiting.
- Conducting benchmarking research and comprehensive analyses to measure success of current recruitment efforts and identify new audiences for the degrees.
- Leading all aspects of recruitment efforts, including the marketing, advertising, and planning of information sessions, campus visitation events and online webinars.
- Attending domestic and international recruitment fairs and making oral presentations to market the program to prospective students.
- Actively participating in events on- and off-campus, nationwide and internationally, and working evening and weekend hours as required to forge and manage relationships with prospective students, universities, and working professionals (including alumni) to recruit graduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our cultural values of dedication, collaboration, inclusion, and integrity are guiding principles within Heinz College. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can optimally interact with a varied population of internal and external partners with a high level of integrity, respect, and inclusion. Further, we are looking for an individual who is committed to our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You must demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of the admissions process.
- Ability to achieve results and bring creative solutions to problems by relying on prior knowledge and experience in the field.
- Proven understanding of database systems/student information systems (query-writing) and an ability to analyze and interpret data in relevant ways. Prior experience with the Technolutions-Slate product is strongly preferred.
- Advanced technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications with the ability to create presentations and informational packets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include written, oral, listening, and presentation skills. This includes public speaking to broad audiences.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with campus partners, and to meaningfully interact with diverse populations.
Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally will be required along with ability to work outside of normal business hours.
Bachelor's degree is required
Minimum of (3) years' experience in the following areas:
- Policy, healthcare, business, recruiting or higher education or other related experience.
- Prior experience working in Higher Education or on a college/university campus is a plus as well as at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in event planning and basic Admissions-related IT experience is strongly preferred.
- Successful Background check
Are you interested in this exciting position?! Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance