Summary of Position: The Enrollment and Student Support Specialist provides all levels of support to international students from inquiries, application-processing issues, pre-arrival and orientation, immigration advising. Additionally, this position is the bridge between the Academic Units and the Office of International Students.
The Enrollment and Student Support Specialist serves as one of IWU National & Global Designated School Officials (DSO) for the F-1 nonimmigrant student program. This position is responsible for administering SEVIS activity and staying in compliance with the Department of Homeland Security regulations.
This position also provides comprehensive student success advising services to international students; and assist them in academic planning, resolving academic difficulty, addressing personal challenges, and providing information about the College's available support services & resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates communication and outreach to degree-seeking international students of both undergraduate and graduate programs through the enrollment process to IWU National and Global.
- Helps recently admitted students to navigate post-admissions processes, including but not limited to admissions deposit and setting up payment plan, submitting I-20 request documentation, departmental, and international orientations; submitting proper paperwork needed as a student of IWU N&G.
- Assist the Director with reports and data for research in relation to International Programs and Students.
- Tracks international student records, onboarding progress using reports, dashboards, and assists Director in conducting data analysis and creating reports about international student admittance yields and enrollment reports.
- Processes assigned students I-20s to admitted degree-seeking students; reviews relevant financial documents/financial guarantees required for I-20 issuance.
- Assists with initial SEVIS registration and immigration check-in follow-ups.
- Serves as a liaison with Student Services to ensure advising and care of International Students are being conducted to IWU N&G standards, which may require to be on call during identified times.
- Participates in international student engagement activities and signature international events, like residencies, throughout the year.
- Perform administrative duties in conformity with IWU policies and procedures.
- Works with CLI and Schools to create and plan new degree programs for International Students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization or experience equivalency (high school diploma plus 7-10 years of higher education enrollment experience).
Experience and Required Skills
- Extensive knowledge of IWU policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and communication methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work in an occasionally high-stress environment.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and diverse students.
- Excellent people skills necessary to provide customer-oriented support.
- Possess insightful conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to understand issues in higher education.
- Requires a combination of in office and on call availability. Nights and weekend as deemed necessary.
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member's earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 22 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Jun 2023 Eastern Daylight Time