Dean of International Education
- Juniata College
- Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Global Affairs & Engagement, Partnerships & Outreach
- Knowledge Communities
- International Education Leadership
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Organization Type
- College / University
Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean of International Education provides vision, leadership, and direction in developing international and multicultural dimensions of Juniata College. The Dean designs and implements academic policies and curriculum requirements related to international programs, with input from key campus stakeholders, such as the International Education Committee (IEC). The Dean oversees the administration, budget, and assessment for the Center for International Education, which includes: English for Academic Programs (EAP), International Student & Scholar Services, Study Abroad, and global programming through Language in Motion (LiM) and the Global Village multi-cultural living-learning community. In partnership with the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, this position works with diverse faculty, staff, and students, serves as an advocate for student success, and prepares global leaders as part of the Principles of a Liberal Arts Lifestyle. This position functions with considerable independence.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
• Directly supervises full-time and part-time staff in the Center for International Education in a variety of positions and leadership roles.
• Develops new exchange partnerships and study abroad program (outbound) and incoming exchange (inbound) relationships with exchange partners abroad and US consortium partners. Manages the exchange balances for student exchange placements to meet budgetary forecasts.
• Advises faculty in developing short-term study abroad program development.
• Manages transcripts and credentials from outside the U.S. (advising study abroad, degree, dual degree, exchange, EAP/language, partner students)
• Partners with the Juniata Advancement division in securing resources necessary to advance the vision of the Center for International Education.
• Partners with the Enrollment division to recruit students and implement exchange agreements.
• Works with Juniata’s Director of Student and Scholar Services, overseeing the administration and interpretation of SEVP regulations for the college, and administers orientation and transitions support services for international students in collaboration with college offices and departments.
• Assists faculty and staff in incorporating international and cross-cultural perspectives into academic and co-curricular programs and initiatives.
• Maintains current and appropriate credentialing through on-going professional development and represents the college in state, national, and international association related to international education.
• Represents the college, academic departments, and faculty perspectives by serving as Chair of the International Education Committee and Travel Safety Committee.
About Juniata College
As one of the 40 Colleges that Change Lives, Juniata College is dedicated to providing an academically rigorous and personally enriching liberal arts education. Juniata College is a private, liberal arts college in Huntingdon, PA with 1300 students. Approximately 400 students study abroad on every continent except Antarctica and 150 international students from 25 countries study at Juniata College each year (10% of the student population). In 2022, 8 Gilman scholars were awarded, as well as a Fulbright and a St. Andrews Scholarship. In 2012, Juniata College earned the Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization.
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. AA/EOE
1700 Moore Street
Center for International Education
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert