The primary responsibility of the Admissions Representative is to recruit, enroll, and retain students for the school through direct lead callbacks and on-site tours. It is imperative to be able to motivate and guide the students toward the future goal of a career within the music and entertainment industry. The Admissions Representative will work under the direction of the Admissions Manager to meet specific admissions goals.
Admissions Representative Essential Duties:
- Maintain compliance with all State, Accreditation and Department of Education Standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an effective marketing plan.
- Utilize compliant best practices and training to ensure meaningful and experience commiserate contribution to campus enrollment plans.
- Conduct tours of school campus.
- Address any issues or concerns raised by students or parents of students regarding cost, financing, curriculum, tutoring, campus safety, testing procedures or cancellation policy.
- Assist prospective students through the admissions process from the initial call to the signing of the enrollment agreement.
- Provide information to prospective students concerning the program of study, policies of the school, and general expectations for satisfactory performance.
- Maintain contact with current students and graduates to promote student referrals and maintain positive community relationships.
- Conduct follow-up calls to ensure students start and graduate.
- Effectively and accurately communicate school policies, processes, and procedures relating to various student support services including half-time and graduate employment, financial aid, housing, etc.
- Maintain records of calls made, calls received, and issues/concerns addressed.
- Maintain all applications and student enrollment in the student database system.
- Set up school exhibits for high school career days, and educational seminars to provide the public with information regarding the schools programs.
- Assist with the preparation of complete admissions records and student files.
- Arrange interviews with prospective students.
- Assist with all or any administrative duties as set forth by the Director.
- Submit all reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in all school-scheduled seminars, graduation ceremonies, and outside functions.
- Assist with special projects and company functions.
Develop industry awareness and knowledge through:
Staff Meetings and In-Service sessions
Information systems over the Internet
Industry publications and curriculum
Staff Development Program through Max Knowledge courses.
Classes offered through SAE
Admissions Representative Qualifications:
- A minimum of two-years student or client services experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively is essential; both oral and written skills are imperative.
- PC/MAC proficiency is required.
- Good organizational skills are needed.
- The ability to write and deliver presentations.
- Must be willing to accommodate flexible hours.
- Willing to represent the school honestly and ethically, and to perform all duties in the mutual best interest of the school and its students.
Applies job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete wide range tasks with a varying level of difficulty
Participates willingly, does his/her share of work, and contributes to an enthusiastic, positive work climate.
Able to manage a variety of responsibilities at the same time.
Understands formal structure/hierarchy, positional responsibilities and standard operating procedures
Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers
Communicates effectively, presenting ideas and facts clearly and effectively in an oral or written manner.
Conducts oneself in a safe and professional manner
Admissions Representative Additional Information
Hours of work will alternate with the other Admissions Rep. Hours must remain flexible. It may require some additional evenings or Saturdays for our Open Houses, Orientations and Graduation. Staff / Operational meetings will be held weekly. These meetings are mandatory.
This is a full time - campus based position.
Sitting for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper, occasional lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to place within the organization, minimal reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.