The Tepper School of Business is home to many programs and research programs that cross d subject areas. We approach scientific problems from fresh angles using creative interdisciplinary approaches while drawing on our strengths in the core social sciences. Tepper faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their research in a variety of fields, including organizational behavior and theory, economics, finance, and accounting.
Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business is searching for an Associate Director, Student Services. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by providing essential support by providing academic and non-academic guidance and for students, and student programs/events, with special attention for student support resources.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide academic support to the Full Time MBA program including, but not limited to academic advising to a specific cohort of MBA students. Create, edit and distribute the MBA handbook yearly. Manage My-Academics Canvas instance for FT MBA program.
- Coordinate MBA Tracks opportunities; working with faculty to organize information, and applications. Monitor progress and manage completion. Coordinate Early Graduation process and open enrollment capstone process. Coordinate faculty lunch series for MBA program
- Advise and support a specific group of MBA clubs and organizations and will coordinate the Tepper Cares Community Service activities and events including, but not limited to Service Day during MBA Basecamp (orientation). Assist in supporting Tartan Connect interface.
- Special projects and large groups events: Basecamp, (orientation) and commencement
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and, organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively learn, interpret and explain the MBA curriculum and MBA policies and procedures to students
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an academic setting with responsibility for student advising and student programs/events required; experience working with University procedures and systems such as Oracle Financials preferred
- A combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge is demonstrated may be considered.
- Successful background check
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:30-5:00pm. An alternate work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours will be required on occasion.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Academic Program Administration
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance