Admissions Counselor - Online Division - Grand Canyon University- Remote
Click Here to
Come Grow With Us
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Admissions Counselor to be the first point of contact for prospective students and help enroll them in online degree programs. Starting salary is $40,000 per year, depending on prior higher education enrollment experience, with an earning potential of up to six figures after 5 years of successful service.
Grand Canyon Education offers a generous benefits package, including 100% tuition-free education for employees through the Master's degree program level and 75% coverage at the Doctorate degree program level. In addition, an employee's spouse, children and dependents are also offered generous tuition benefits.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are currently in a hybrid remote status. This position may require you to be in the office 2 days per week (subject to change) and/or there also may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided. This position also offers some remote work opportunities that may be approved for out-of-state candidates residing outside of Phoenix, AZ.
New hire training will encompass three full weeks of training. One week will be held in-person at our Phoenix, AZ campus and the following two weeks will be held virtually via Zoom.
Who you are:
You're an energetic goal-getter with a team spirit, who is passionate about the power of education.
You're driven, self-motivated and empathetic and have demonstrated success in building relationships, meeting expectations/deadlines, providing excellent service, and multitasking.
You know it's not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and coaching skills to help non-traditional Grand Canyon University students' level up in their lives through a quality education.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you'll have the opportunity to play an integral role in providing Grand Canyon University online students the roadmap for success from application through completion of their first few classes. Here's a taste of how you'll make your mark as an Admissions Counselor with us.
As an Online Division Admissions Counselor, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You'll be reaching out to new and prospective online students by implementing a phone campaign strategy that includes 100+ dials and 3+ hours of talk time per day. You will also be responsible for introducing new students to the online classroom environment and keeping detailed and accurate records of student information all while maintaining confidentiality.
- Partner and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students. Whether over the phone, via email, or text, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Heart and hustle. As a member of a high-performing team, you will meet performance goals and generate referral activities. You will be responsible for guiding prospective Grand Canyon University students through the admissions process and towards a successful online learning experience by clearly communicating program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, time commitment, technology requirements, and student support services.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree preferred; candidates that have related work experience will be considered.
- No delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Outstanding time management skills. In this role, you'll be multitasking, so you'll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to prioritize competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you're comfortable communicating on the phone and in writing. You'll also need to have well developed listening skills, great follow up skills, and be comfortable helping prospective students work through concerns or roadblocks.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed . You're going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference by guiding students to help them achieve their goals.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you'll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students, each with unique circumstances. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- Computer literacy. We rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
- Prior call center experience.
What we'll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference in students' lives.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Generous PTO starting at 20 business day per year, 11.5 paid Holidays, and Tuition Benefits.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply Online (https://gcu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/GCE/job/PA-Pittsburgh/Admissions-Counselor---Online-Division---Grand-Canyon-University--Remote_R000046759)
Click Here to