JobID: 12464 Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/Student Services Coordinator Date Posted:
Patterson Elementary School Date Available:
08/2023 Closing Date:
Perform functions to coordinate various programs for the building and to assist the Principal in establishing and maintaining a safe, positive and academically focused environment. Job Summary:
1. Coordinate special education and early intervention programs within the building: create the meeting calendar, distribute conference notices, collect and complete required documentation and attend meetings.
2. Consult with students, staff and parents on behavioral issues resulting in discipline, determine and communicate follow-up course of action or solutions.
3. Coordinate and supervise lunchroom and recess staff and procedures. Hire, train and evaluate personnel.
4. Coordinate the orientation and indoctrination of new students and parents.
5. Coordinate diagnostic, placement and achievement testing: obtain materials, coordinate times and locations, conduct testing, collect and organize materials and analyze results.
6. Communicate gifted program eligibility to parents and students and act as liaison for questions or concerns.
7. Actively participate and or lead problem solving teams. Provide data and feed back for positive behavior interventions system. Recommend problem solving methods.
8. Coordinate parent volunteer programs and training.
9. Provide counsel and advice to staff on issues relating to curriculum.
10. Assist in new teacher orientation and may conduct formative observations. Act as a mentor.
11. Act as liaison to transportation and lunch vendors.
12. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring social and emotional development is progressing normally.
Perform other related duties as assigned. Skills/Knowledges/Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
2. Knowledge of behavioral management methods successful in school environments.
3. Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
4. Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
5. Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
6. Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
7. Ability to organize and coordinate work.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
9. Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
10. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
11. Ability to maintain and instill high standards of ethics and integrity. Physical Abilities:
1. Works in standard office and school building environment
2. Employee is regularly required to see, speak and hear; frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, climb stairs or balance, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Employee must be able to push, pull, lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Education, Licensure, Qualifications Profile:
Illinois Professional Educator License, General Administrative or Principal endorsement preferred
Successful completion of the prequalification program provided or approved by the Illinois State Board of Education for evaluation of certified staff. The Student Services Coordinator’s position is expressly contingent upon the Student Services Coordinator successfully completing such a prequalification program prior to September 1 of the school term, and maintaining the qualification throughout the remainder of the school term. The Student Services Coordinator may be removed from the Student Services Coordinator position if the Student Services Coordinator fails to successfully complete the prequalification program by September 1, and/or fails to remain properly qualified to evaluate certified personnel. Equipment:
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copier and fax machines and telephone. Work Environment:
Works in standard office and school building environment and work outdoors during outdoor student activities. Travel Requirement:
Travel between schools may be required. Supervisor:
Principal Work Calendar:
2000 FLSA Status:
Exempt Job Category:
Licensed Rate of pay:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Selection Procedure:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.