Under the direct supervision of the Director of One Stop Student Services, the Associate Director of One Stop Student Services plans, implements, and oversees One Stop Student Services' phone, email, web and in-person communications and supervises, trains and develops a team of full-time Assistant Directors who serve College students in the areas of aid, billing, and registration and records, and provides federal financial aid support for Berklee Online degree students.
The culmination of these efforts should yield excellent and efficient student service through first-rate reception, advocacy on behalf of students, reduction in response times, and clear and helpful guidance on all aspects of enrollment.
Capabilities Required (Experience, Education, Know-How, Skills)
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of high quality customer service and/or counseling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail. Problem solving skills.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Intermediate federal student aid experience and knowledge.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Experience and expertise with commonly used student information system software like Colleague and PowerCampus.
- Higher education aid, registration and billing experience.
- Strong and demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Must be a self-starter who works well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently. Demonstrated analytical decision making
Use of Capabilities (Illustrated by Typical Activities)
- Guided by the principles of the Berklee Bridge, continue to redefine and refine the student service paradigm for all entering and continuing students at Berklee, Boston Conservatory, Berklee NYC, Berklee Valencia and Berklee Online.
- Provide direct leadership, guidance, and support for the Assistant Directors of One Stop Student Services, in addition to any temporary or student employees.
- Collaborate with the Senior Assistant Directors of One Stop Student Services on student service issue resolution.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Admissions Services to ensure smooth connections for prospective students and applicants in order to provide holistic solutions.
- Ensure the primary focus of One Stop staff is addressing all student/family-initiated requests for assistance.
- Oversee and manage One Stop Zoom phone and Salesforce email systems, ensuring staff are appropriately added to and active in queues, and quickly identifying and resolving issues.
- Assist in the creation and management of content for the One Stop website.
- Maintain and provide quantitative communications reporting as well as qualitative analysis to the Director of One Stop Student Services.
- Maintain Berklee's ChatBot as it pertains to registration, aid and billing inquiries.
- Act as the top level of escalation for student service issues. Manage own caseload of escalated student emails, participate in campaigns, engage in phone, virtual and in- person student meetings as needed, and assist with One Stop email overflow.
- Ensure qualitative and quantitative expectations as set by the Director of One Stop Student Services are consistently met.
- Coordinate, implement, and participate in virtual and in-person strategic meeting initiatives to support enrollment goals.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Home departments and other 855 support staff to ensure student questions are addressed and create and maintain operational efficiencies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with academic advising.
- Continually evaluate student communication and survey data to develop new strategies to meet students needs.
- Contribute to strategic planning initiatives for long and short-term college goals.
- Reviews and interprets changing federal and state regulatory and legislative requirements for the staff and the institution.
- Accountable for ensuring One Stop staff are held responsible for maintaining necessary technical and regulatory knowledge.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee:
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
- Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*