POSITION: Anticipated Instructional Assistant-Student Services (PHS) 37.5 hrs./wk. Grade 4 Effective August 14, 2023
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month
This work involves close interaction with staff, students and parents/guardians, with the primary emphasis on the implementation of specialized or vocational educational programs. An Instructional Assistant works under the direction of a certified teacher. An employee in this position is expected to exercise independent judgment, discretion,a high degree of confidentiality and react appropriately in crisis situations as well as exhibit initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
- Must have or obtain State and NCLB Approved Paraprofessional designation in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Must project a positive image of the district to the public, parents, staff and students as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
- Must move around in the classroom and other parts of the building as well as on field trips as needed.
- Must have previous experience working with youth.
- Must have ability to adapt to all subject areas.
- Must have knowledge of computer operations.
- May need a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs such as with students needing assistance.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS: Assists students under the direction of licensed staff by:
Assists licensed staff by:
- implementing classroom procedures and reinforcing student's positive behavior
- administering tests orally to students
- reinforcing organizational and note taking skills
- grading materials for immediate feedback
- demonstrating use of the computer for both drill and remediation as well as homework assignments
- helping the student achieve his/her IEP goals
- assisting, as needed, with students' non-medical physical needs or personal care/toileting needs*
Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
- helping organize and supervise off-campus programs for students
- performing classroom related clerical tasks
- assisting with lab set-up and clean-up
- explaining classroom procedures and materials to substitute teacher when necessary
- previewing instructional materials
- acting as a liaison to communicate student progress
- Those hired prior to 10/1/2010 with the job title Instructional Assistant Special Education/Vanguard/Alternative Education are exempt from this requirement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the red "APPLY" button to begin an application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.