Academic ASAP Student Advisor - Multiple Positions
Hostos Community College
Add to My Favorite Jobs
Hostos Community College seeks an experienced individual who is able to work as part of a successful team of professionals serving a diverse student population in an urban setting. The ideal candidate will provide a supportive environment and ensure that strong relationships are fostered with students, their team, and the college community. This position reports to the ASAP Associate Director. Essential duties require on-campus presence.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in an appropriate discipline and four years related experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department, and with faculty and other administrators.
- Strong organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude to learn new systems as needed.
- Demonstated ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Embraces and actively promotes an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Availability to work evening and weeks when needed.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The ASAP Advisor is a member of an integrated College team providing individual academic, career and related support to an assigned group of college students as they progress through the program.
- Delivers comprehensive advisement support services to an assigned group of students through degree completion
- Conducts workshops and group advisement on topics of relevance and interest
- Reviews student progress and tracks student use of academic support services
- Conducts regular outreach to faculty and other college staff as needed to support student success
- Maintains accurate tracking data and notes for each assigned student, recommending appropriate referrals and opportunity programs
- Supports annual recruitment of students
- Organizes periodic special events and programs for students, faculty and staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$52,267 - $62,649; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Employees hired on or after October 1, 2022, and their eligible dependents will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, employees will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period. If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day. Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Enrollment.
An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessig the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following tabs: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume and cover letter.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exempt on (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 20, 2023
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.