Logo Posting Number STA00450PO23 Job Family Enrollment Management Job Function Admissions USC Market Title Admissions Representative Job Level P2 - Professional Internal Title Admissions Representative (NJ) Campus Columbia Work County Richland College/Division Enrollment Management Department EM Undergraduate Admissions State Pay Band 5 Approved Starting Salary $42,633 Advertised Salary Range $42,633 + cost of living supplement for NJ residency location; salary commensurate with experience Location of Vacancy New Jersey Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per Week 37.5 Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM, One hour for lunch
Night and weekend work required
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Student Services
About University of South Carolina
From the Upstate to the Lowcountry, the University of South Carolina system is transforming the lives of South Carolinians through the impact of our eight institutions and 20 locations throughout the state. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of eight institutions, including the research campus in Columbia and comprehensive four-year universities in Aiken, Upstate and Beaufort. In addition, our Palmetto College campuses in Salkehatchie, Union, Lancaster and Sumter enable students to earn associate or bachelor's degrees through a combination of in-person, online or blended learning. All of our system institutions place strong emphasis on service - helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and beyond.
At the University of South Carolina, we strive to cultivate an inclusive environment that is open, welcoming, and supportive of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize diversity in our workforce is essential to providing academic excellence and critical to our sustainability. The University is committed to eliminating barriers created by institutional discrimination through accountability and continuous process improvement. We celebrate the diverse voices, perspectives, and experiences of our employees.
Benefits for FTE, Research Grant or Time-Limited Positions Are Indicated Below
The University of South Carolina (UofSC), through the State of SC and Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA), offers employees a valuable benefits package, including health and life insurance, generous paid leave and retirement programs. To learn more about UofSC benefits, access the About Benefits section on the Applicant Portal at uscjobs.sc.edu. Research Grant or Time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some, or no benefits, based on the grant or project funding.
Benefit Eligibility Type Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) South Carolina Retirement Yes State Insurance Programs Yes Annual Leave Yes Sick Leave Yes
Advertised Job Summary
The Admissions Representative (NJ) manages an assigned geographic territory as part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions' nationwide recruitment program. The Admissions Representative must live in their assigned territory and maintain up-to-date knowledge and oversight of that territory to identify and recruit prospective students, feeder schools, and potential growth markets. The Admissions Representative will utilize high-level customer service, relationship-building, presentation, technological, and data analysis skills to recruit prospective students, report on their territory, and provide recruitment data to management to determine market priorities. The Admissions Representative will present students, parents, and high school counselors with up-to-date information about the University of South Carolina student experience and advise them on admissions policies and procedures. This position requires extensive travel and seasonal overtime.
The preferred location is Morris County, but qualified candidates living in, or willing to relocate to, other Northern NJ counties may also be considered.
Requires a bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience, which may be substituted by an equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience.
Must currently live in, or be willing to relocate to, an assigned national territory/market outside the state of South Carolina.
Traveling alone within an assigned geographic region and to South Carolina for student recruitment and professional development/ training events is required.
Occasional night and weekend work required.
- Knowledge and familiarity of USC.
- Background experience in admissions, customer service, marketing, sales, public relations, or another student personnel area.
- Preference will be given to those who currently live in the existing geographic market and have knowledge of the local secondary schools.
- Must relate well to people, have an engaging personality, and be able to speak with confidence in front of groups.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills to ensure positive, brand-promoting interactions with prospective students/families, guidance counselors, and other constituents.
- Knowledge of secondary and post-secondary school systems desired.
- Must be able to read and evaluate academic credentials as well as market data for assigned territory.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer.
- Must be able to make public presentations to groups, counsel individuals, and maintain confidentiality of student credentials.
- Will be required to organize special programs.
- Will be required to travel alone in assigned geographic location.
- Must be able to drive during the day as well as at night.
- Must be able to make public presentations before large groups of people.
- Must have strong writing skills.
Employees in Safety-Sensitive or Security-Sensitive positions will be subject to pre-employment and post-employment drug testing in accordance with University policy HR 1.95 Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No Hazardous weather category Non-Essential
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 04/12/2023 Job Close Date 05/27/2023 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
We are only accepting applications submitted by May 27, 2023.
The University of South Carolina offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
- Health and Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- Paid Tuition
- Dependent Scholarships
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Opportunities
Click here to learn more about why you should work at USC.
Quicklink for Posting https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/143139 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess at least a bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience, which may be substituted by an equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience?
- Briefly state why you are interested in this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe any experience working for a central office from a remote location.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you live in, or would you be willing to relocate to the Northern New Jersey area?
- Are you willing to travel alone within an assigned geographic region and to South Carolina for student recruitment and professional development/ training events?
- Are you willing to occasionally work at night and over the weekend?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information